WMNF Parking Passes Androscoggin Ranger District

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

Super Moderator
Staff member
VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
I stopped by the Androscoggin Ranger District last week to buy my new pass (last one as I qualify for the over 62 pass next year :eek:). There is a notice on the door that they are closed due to Covid and to call the ranger district for more info (603-466-2713) They are still closed to the public but when I called them today they have started drive up service. Just call them from the parking lot and they will come out and collect the info and issue the pass. This just started today. Prior to this they apparently were one afternoon a week.

I am curious if with Covid how actively they were enforcing parking?

Tempted to say writing tickets will be fine, interacting personally with people from all over the region who may or may not have been vaccinated is something people think about. Interacting with car windshields is not how you get covid and if your car isn't wearing a mask ( a sticker), it won't have a fit on losing it's freedom because the ranger gives your car a mask (a ticket)

And yet the website says they are open. :confused: The price on that senior pass sure jumped dramatically a few years after I got mine.

I got a free Veterans Park pass the last time we stopped at the Saco Ranger office. The Androscoggin Ranger office has always been closed any time we stopped in there, even before Covid.

I got a free Veterans Park pass the last time we stopped at the Saco Ranger office. The Androscoggin Ranger office has always been closed any time we stopped in there, even before Covid.

The last few times I stopped by the Saco office they have been open, but the restrooms closed.

Thanks for the info on the free veterans park pass. I wasn't aware of that. Good to know in case I lose my senior pass. Replacement senior pass is $80!

The last few times I stopped by the Saco office they have been open, but the restrooms closed.

Thanks for the info on the free veterans park pass. I wasn't aware of that. Good to know in case I lose my senior pass. Replacement senior pass is $80!

The national Golden Eagle pass works in any national forest also.

I am curious if with Covid how actively they were enforcing parking?

They may not be, but the Saco District certainly is. There were numerous notices on windshields at the Champney Falls parking lot yesterday. I think they were just warnings with an address to send in the required fee. I've included this humorous note that was written on the notice on the car parked next to me.

IMG_7534.jpg

I was at Lincoln Woods Tuesday and there were four WMNF employees (at least two in ranger uniforms) cleaning up, and car(s) without passes (or envelopes) were un-ticketed. YMMV.

Tim

I was at Lincoln Woods Tuesday and there were four WMNF employees (at least two in ranger uniforms) cleaning up, and car(s) without passes (or envelopes) were un-ticketed. YMMV.

Tim

Interesting. Apparently it varies by ranger district.