Rangeley Area, October 7, 8 & 9

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGEarl

Reaction score
As it stands, I am now looking at hiking Friday, Saturday, and Sunday; October 7 - 9 - see below for the general plan

Next weekend, I’m on my own.

Weather permitting, I’m thinking about heading to the Rangeley area for some hikes.

I’ll head up there either Friday afternoon/evening or very early on Saturday and plan to car camp Saturday night.

Possible targets are:

Abraham
Saddleback & The Horn
The Bigelows

Anybody interested?

Please respond here or by PM

:)

Last edited:
We'll be up there on our fall "Hooligan Hike", staying in the Rangeley area on Sat. and Sun. nights. Our main hike will probably be Aziscohos Mtn. Quite likely we'll dash over to the White Wolf Inn for dinner on one of those nights so if you're around and see a small group on our "best manners", say "hi!"

Hey there Earl. . .
I'm interested in Saddleback and the Horn - but only coupled with the East Kennebago bushwack.
And I'm only available on Sunday Oct. 9th.
I'm sorry for all these provisos/conditions, but I just wanted to throw this out there.

After reading this, you may want to throw this reply out yourself!

Hope you have a great trip either way. . .

Hey there Earl. . .
I'm interested in Saddleback and the Horn - but only coupled with the East Kennebago bushwack.
…….

The weather forecast for the coming weekend looks great! As a result, I’m thinking about heading to the area for three days of hiking (Friday – Sunday).

My current thoughts are for….

Friday – Bigelow Mountain, Avery Peak, West Peak, and South Horn
Saturday – Abraham
Sunday – Saddleback Mountain, main peak and The Horn

There are still roughly a dozen peaks left on the NEHH list that I have not visited, including East Kennebago. I haven’t decided if I’ll finish the NEHH.

Normally, I’d be eager to toss in another peak, or two (especially NEHH peaks). On Sunday I’ll need to be on the road south as early as possible and won’t be able to make the addition.

:)

Last edited: