Amantio makes a second attempt to finish on Carrigain 10/16

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amantio

Reaction score
So let’s try this again.

Barring nasty weather, car trouble, dog bite, influenza, civil disturbance, moose attack or other forms of force majeure, I will again attempt my 48 finish on Carrigain this Saturday, October 16. My last attempt resulted in a mini comic opera with an ensemble cast of characters. This time it will be simply my wife and I, unless any of you wish to join the party. If you do come along, I promise that I won’t lampoon you in my trip report. If you don’t come, all bets are off.

We plan to hit the trail at around 8:30 and we should maintain a pace of book time or a little better. I will shift the hike to Sunday the 17th if the 40 percent chance of rain now predicted materializes in a meaningful way. I really don’t want to finish this thing in a cold rain.

So let’s try this again.

Barring nasty weather, car trouble, dog bite, influenza, civil disturbance, moose attack or other forms of force majeure, I will again attempt my 48 finish on Carrigain this Saturday, October 16. My last attempt resulted in a mini comic opera with an ensemble cast of characters. This time it will be simply my wife and I, unless any of you wish to join the party. If you do come along, I promise that I won’t lampoon you in my trip report. If you don’t come, all bets are off.

We plan to hit the trail at around 8:30 and we should maintain a pace of book time or a little better. I will shift the hike to Sunday the 17th if the 40 percent chance of rain now predicted materializes in a meaningful way. I really don’t want to finish this thing in a cold rain.

Actually, we are heading for Carrigan on Sunday (well, that's the plan anyway...babysitting is always a kicker!)

we usually, however, try to hit the trail by 6:00 am...maybe we'll meet you up there

My plan is to be up north the following weekend. In the rain forecasted turns out to be real nasty & you postpone a week, I just may reconsider my plans for Franconia Ridge.

At times I feel like a caricature of myself so if we do hike together, I'd hope to be lampooned. That's part of the trip.

Plans modified

Given the deteriorating weather forecast for Saturday, we’ve made the executive decision to punt to Sunday.

Actually, we are heading for Carrigan on Sunday (well, that's the plan anyway...babysitting is always a kicker!)

we usually, however, try to hit the trail by 6:00 am...maybe we'll meet you up there

Boots on the trail at 6:00 a.m.?? Really???
Perhaps we'll see you on your way down :eek:.
We will be shooting for an on trail time of 8, and will be at the trailhead shortly before that, should anyone want to join the "second shift".

Blatant attempt to worm one's way into a hike

My plan is to be up north the following weekend. In the rain forecasted turns out to be real nasty & you postpone a week, I just may reconsider my plans for Franconia Ridge.

At times I feel like a caricature of myself so if we do hike together, I'd hope to be lampooned. That's part of the trip.

Keep your plans intact for Franconia, Mike, but open your mind to the idea of allowing me to tag along. That will give you a full week to think up ways to provide me with material.

Yeah!

but, seriously, doesn't Amantio translate into mushroom in Latin? I should think you'd like the cold, damp weather!

OOOPS! That's "Amanita". I'll try not to think of you as mushroom anymore!

Can't say for sure yet, but maybe we'll be there to taunt you! Good luck, Tony!

KDT

Boots on the trail at 6:00 a.m.?? Really???

Yea...I guess I won't also mention that is AFTER a 3 - 3.5 hr drive from home... in Maine. Yes, we do get up at 2:00 am to hike! So...what does that mean?

Not sure, however, if we are going to get there on Sunday...babysitting issue...but, will be thinking of you!

Mushroom?

but, seriously, doesn't Amantio translate into mushroom in Latin? I should think you'd like the cold, damp weather!

OOOPS! That's "Amanita". I'll try not to think of you as mushroom anymore!

Can't say for sure yet, but maybe we'll be there to taunt you! Good luck, Tony!

KDT

Italian, Latin, what's the difference? All I know are funghi.
Would certainly love to see you and yours on the trail. Taunting would only motivate me further.