Assuming you have power, keep an eye on the stream flow gages

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Over here Albany NY it's 47 @ 1:50 pm Buffalo is at 15...watch out for the ice

Temps are now diving on the summit so now it changes back to snow. The Pemi in Plymouth is in minor flood stage so the new pumps at the Irving Station will probably be flooded, possibly the store.

The Wildcat river had more than doubled in depth with a 6' and still climbing gage. The Peabody in Gorham is up over 6 feet and still climbing. The Saco in North Conway is not over flood level yet but getting there.

My guess is its going to be awhile before the flow peaks despite the rapid cool down as the snow is saturated and at my place it is about half of what it was yesterday. My guess is the trails and river crossings will be mess tomorrow. Hope no one is out in this stuff. I was soaked to my skin this morning clearing the driveway.

Temps are now diving on the summit so now it changes back to snow. The Pemi in Plymouth is in minor flood stage so the new pumps at the Irving Station will probably be flooded, possibly the store.

The Wildcat river had more than doubled in depth with a 6' and still climbing gage. The Peabody in Gorham is up over 6 feet and still climbing. The Saco in North Conway is not over flood level yet but getting there.

My guess is its going to be awhile before the flow peaks despite the rapid cool down as the snow is saturated and at my place it is about half of what it was yesterday. My guess is the trails and river crossings will be mess tomorrow. Hope no one is out in this stuff. I was soaked to my skin this morning clearing the driveway.
No doubt conditions are all over the place. The trail report from The RMC says it all: Trail Report as of December 24:

The past 36 hours has seen 10 inches of snow, temperatures above 40 degrees, heavy rain, substantial melt, followed by significant temperature drops to -2 F and 5 additional inches of snow.

Snowshoes with traction are recommended for all trails, as most haven't been broken since last week’s 24 inch snow. The need for crampons cannot be ruled out on some of the more exposed and wind scoured alpine crags.

Above treeline expect 19 inches of snow, deep drifts and rimed rocks.

Below treeline hikers will encounter 18 - 24 inches of snow. Some areas will likely be undercut by heavy rain runoff.

35 inches at the snow stake

Stream crossing could be hazardous from all the runoff and wind chill advisory is in effect through Sunday.

Please note that trail conditions can change very quickly in the Northern Presidentials. The conditions posted on this page may have changed since they were recorded. Always check local forecasts before you leave the trailhead, and be sure to check out the higher summits forecast on the Mount Washington Observatory webpage.