Bearly Live '06 featuring "Grey Knob and the Bluffs", Oxford, ME AUGUST 4-6< NEW DATE

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are there other hikes going on in Grafton Notch on Saturday? Just curious. I'll be driving up from N. Conway early for a day hike only and was just wondering if anyone had anything planned besides Puzzle Mtn. Drop me a PM if you are planning on some other day hike up there and would like company.

Enjoy the band!

;) I'll be on tour in Ireland...heading out this Friday...just wanted to let you all know I'll be thinking about ya...have a great time and enjoy the band, the hiking, kayaking, booze and friends...I'm bummed I won't be able to sing for you but I know Skimom is great, so enjoy!

Miss ya already.

Is somebody going to be recording all this hullabaloo? I can't wait for the CD to be released! If anything, it could be used in a large blackmail/extorsion scheme I have planning.

Jay :)

I know you'll have a wonderful time without us.
Mtnpa & I are taking (8) kids ages 7-15 to Umbagog,
we are leaving tomorrow am for a few days.
Have a blast and a few pops for us! We'll miss you all.
The band is going to rock!!!!

Uh-oh - doesn't that leave us without a sound/video engineer, if both pa & guy aren't there?

mtnmama said:
I know you'll have a wonderful time without us.
Mtnpa & I are taking (8) kids ages 7-15 to Umbagog,
we are leaving tomorrow am for a few days.
Have a blast and a few pops for us! We'll miss you all.
The band is going to rock!!!!

We will be at site 18 on Umbagog from Friday afternoon until Tuesday morning. The site is near the mouth of Rapid River. Anyone with a boat is welcome to come by. I'm sure SherpaK can tell you how to get there and where to put in, etc.

MichaelJ said:
Uh-oh - doesn't that leave us without a sound/video engineer, if both pa & guy aren't there?

Ain't gonna be no video. As for a sound person, is there anyone coming who has experience in that area? If so, PM or E-mail me before Friday noon.

BTW, don't tell anyone, but there's a rumor floating around that the Bluffs (and Grey Knob) got together last weekend to "practice" and ended up playing for hours, and hours, and hours. The rumor goes on to say they had a blast and can't wait for this weekend! :D

Kayaking on Saturday?

Anybody boating on Saturday- rather be on the water if it's hot. It's also easier to drink sodas in a boat than hiking...

Unfortunately I have to bow out of this event at the last minute. :(

This the only "free" Saturday I have until Labor Day and I need to head up to do the Bigelows for #63-64 on the NEHH list.

The weather is supposed to be excellent, the days are nice and long for the lengthy drive, and I can also get away from work....... I'll wave to you from one of those peaks!

Bob said:
Anybody boating on Saturday- rather be on the water if it's hot. It's also easier to drink sodas in a boat than hiking...

Joanna and I are bringing our tuna can grumman and thought we'd float on Saturday. we have to be home around 5 so we'll won't be there all day.

See you all tonight!

spencer

Hey, if I had to be home by 5... I wouldn't be there at all that day!! :eek:

You all behave and have a good time... naaa... go crazy and act up!!! Should be a classic get-together!!

Yep. I too am bummed to miss out on all the fun. Have a great time folks!!

There was hiking, grilling, kayaking, swimming, drinking, and incredible live music under picture-perfect skies this weekend. I took over 200 pictures so once I rebuild my web site (new server) I will post a trip report and an album link.

Thank you, SherpaK & Elle, for hosting an absolutely amazing time!!!!

ps - ow, my sunburn!

Though we had to cut out at 3pm on Saturday and missed the festivities Saturday night, we had a great time enjoying "open mic" on Friday and fishing/paddling/drinking/carousing on Saturday.

After MichaelJ drove by our tent to tell us they were leaving, Joanna 'fessed up that she really just wanted to lay around in the sun so we stayed around camp on on the pond. We hope you all had fun at Tumbledown and elsewhere!

Thanks Sherp and Elle!

spencer

yes - thanks for the hospitality SK and Elle. :D :D

We had a to blow out of there somewhat early yesterday and most were still sleeping.

both Deb and I had a great time, never did actually hike anything :eek: ..... but we were looking for a chill out/lounging weekend anyway. :D

I was quite impressed by the band - I couldn't believe how great they sounded for being together for less than a month. It was damn good.

just a fun time all around....

Last edited:
Who was that drummer!

Man, that guy was good, and the rest of band, too! Thanks SK and Elle for a fabulous weekend.

The good news is that we had great fun in a wonderful setting. The bad news is that now we know where you hang out! Look out for drop-in guests.

It was great to see old friends and meet new ones. Adn the hiking was good, too.

For me, the musical highlight was Funky Freddie's acoustic (w/ slide) Neil Young like rendition of P.F.'s "Fearless" (the climbing song). His performance was stellar and the lyrics might as well be a VFTT theme song. (I think Arm got a clip of it.)

FEARLESS:

"You say the hill's too steep to climb
Climb it.
You say you'd like to see me try
Climbing.

You pick the place and I'll choose the time
And I'll climb
That hill in my own way.
Just wait a while for the right day.
And as I rise above the tree lines and the clouds
I look down, hearing the sound of the things you've said today.

Fearlessly the idiot faced the crowd
Smiling.
Merciless the magistrate turns 'round
Frowning.

And who's the fool who wears the crown?
And go down,
in your own way
And every day is the right day
And as you rise above the fear-lines in his brow
You look down, hearing the sound of the faces in the crowd."

Seeker said:
This thread is USELESS without pictures! And sound! ;) :D

MichaelJ has pictures, once he gets his web site back up. Some of us were a little busy for photography.

As for sound, you hadda be there! :D All I can say is, "We ain't Dead yet!" :cool: