Bearly Live '07, July 27-29

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mavs00 said:
Not that anyone gives a sh!t, but I'm actually about 100 miles away in ME this weekend. There is a fair chance I might make the Friday session. I'd have to leave Sat. AM early to make a family engagement downstate, but it might work.

Not often I get an oppy to make an event east of the DAKS, but I might try. Is that okay?
What, leaving Saturday morning? Nope, definitely not OK.

With all due respect to the incredibly talented Funky Freddy, Saturday night is the blowout!

(But do show up on Friday--hearing Freddy is a real treat!)

No more sites left at the Cabin!

SOLD - to Mr Metsky! Sorry snoozers, all full up (but Campground still has a few tent spaces available) Anyone else planning to attend will need to make arrangements at the campground (see initial post). Spots reserved at my/Ed's:
Tony (band), Arm, Gris, FunkyFreddy, BigLoop, Donna, MtnPa/Ma, DougPaul, Pamola, Steve-O(?), My son Andrew(3), Dave Metsky

If you've have made arrangements at the Campground, and would like to share your site, please post here.

Shizzy: what are you doing? :rolleyes:

Note: Parking at my place will be at a premium as one of the neighbor camps was sold (but they love to party, so no issues with noise). Anyone staying at the Campground should park there (it's a lot easier for you anyway). As you arrive, please see me so we can take advantage of some of the bushes for the 4wd vehicles :eek:

Last edited:
I want in!

Too good to be true perhaps? So close...

I am thinking that I can make this one...hmm...the ex wife has a camp on Whitney Pond...as long as the band(s) refrain from singing Patsy Cline I should be able to hold it together....

I'll bring my ax ...err...guitar, just in case someone needs a break... :D

I will not be camping...just a moderate amount of beer and a quick 'hello'...

as long as the band(s) refrain from singing Patsy Cline...
Whadaya think guys? A medley of Crazy, Fall to Pieces, So Wrong, Leavin on Your Mind...?

BTW, that reminds me, w/o Pat & Audrey there we can take "That'll be the Day" off the set list...

Last edited:
michael said:
Too good to be true perhaps? So close...

I am thinking that I can make this one...hmm...the ex wife has a camp on Whitney Pond...
D*mn - that IS close! Small world. Definitely come by ANYTIME. I'm right smack in the middle of the pond, 4 camps south of the campground (deck w/green tent gazebo. Brown Camp) If I'm not there, just say you know Sherpa - the neighbors are great. Moderate amount of beer we can definitely handle :rolleyes:

shizzy said he was going when I spoke with about 3 weeks ago - tho I doubt he has his logistics sorted out and I just gave my extra spot at my camp away. So - I am now full.

me,deb,meb,christine - me and 3 women! Wow. oh wait - one is my wife :D

shizzy is a must attend!! can someone fit him on a site? he has been real busy with school and not sure he even checks here anymore.

Last edited:
hey sherp - is there a need for an additional grill? I can bring my weber Q up if needed.

I will be bringing plenty of beer - it will be a quantity not quality weekend, so I might get a couple of 30 racks for the house - bud light in honor of BoB -

none of that fancy beer. :D

is shizzy pissed we called him from hood river at about 4am with sexual overtones??? - drunk of course.....

some mood music

Last edited:
Maine/New England 100 highest peaks

Anyone up for hiking any of the NE HH peaks in Maine the July 23- July 27? Gail and I will be doing a lot of hiking this week and possibly hitting the Bigelows as well.

Really looking forward to playing again, special thanks to Sherpa for all of his hard work in putting this event together! :D

giggy said:
hey sherp - is there a need for an additional grill?... I will be bringing plenty of beer...bud light in honor of BoB - none of that fancy beer. :D
is shizzy pissed we called him from hood river at about 4am with sexual overtones??? - drunk of course...
Weber: yes. Just keep Shizzy away from it
Bud Light: no: Bud, not Bud Light for BoB. Just keep Shizzy away from it.
Pissed about Sexual overtones at 4am?: No. Just keep Shizzy away from it.

I am so stoked for this coming weekend! I'm fresh off "Hacker of the Year" honors at the GHO golf tourney, and have been practicing the tunes nearly every day. (I foolishly thought my drumming would help my golf game). We've got some very strong musicians, so we're hoping to give everyone a good show. The music might be pretty good also :rolleyes:

funkyfreddy said:
Really looking forward to playing again, special thanks to Sherpa for all of his hard work in putting this event together! :D
freddy: as always, the pleasure is all mine. I get to listen to some good tunes from the best seat in the house!

Last edited:
BTW, did I miss any planning for actually hiking Saturday of the event, specifically a portion of the recently opened Grafton Loop Trail, west side? I dont know if I am up for doing the entire length, but a part of it would be nice. PM me if there is interest.

The kayak is ready to go for the Sunday hangover paddle. The short set of rips at the put in should be interesting

BoB will be kayaking

both days if possible. Any other takers? I can bring an extra 'recreational' type kayak if anyone needs one.