Bearly Live '07, July 27-29

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SherpaKroto

Reaction score
No Reading, MA Avatar: Crater Rim, Mt Rainier, 8/4
It is with great pleasure that we invite you to:
Bearly Live ‘07
in Oxford, Maine on July 27-29
MAP 178-182 Hogan Pond Lane, Oxford, Maine (Croteau/Keenan camps)
(Directions at bottom of this post)

Schedule of Events:
Friday, July 27: Campfire and
Acoustic Music featuring FunkyFreddy and guests on the deck at 178 Hogan Pond Lane. (Camp Someplace Elle's, i.e SherpaKroto and Elle's camp on Hogan Pond).

Saturday, July 28:
Day:
(leave at 8:00 AM for trailhead): Hike to Puzzle Mtn and others in the Grafton Notch area of Maine (1 hour drive from Campground).
Evening: 7:30-??? Grey Knob and the Bluffs on the deck at 178 Hogan Pond Lane.

Sunday, July 29: Time: TBD: Paddling on the Androscoggin River. We will shuttle from Outdoor Adventure and Campground in Bethel to the put-in in Gilead for a leisurely 4-5 hour paddle back to Bethel. Rentals and shuttles are available directly from Outdoor Adventure (and this year, we should be able to actually make it out there!)

Grey Knob and the Bluffs are:
Gris (i.e. Grey Knob) :p : Lead guitar and vocals
FunkyFreddy :cool: : Lead guitar and vocals
MadTownie :mad: : Keyboards, harmonica and vocals
SherpaKroto :confused: : Drums/percussion and vocals
Mike "Jerry" Holt :) : Guitar and vocals
Ed "Dancing Bear" Keenan ;) : Guitar and vocals
Arm :D : Bass guitar
ChrisB :eek: : Bass Guitar, Percussion
SkiMom/HotDonna :eek: : Vocals (Alpinista is unable to attend)
MtnPa :rolleyes: : Sound engineering

Lodging:
Two Lakes Campground www.twolakescamping.com
Tent Sites: $21 per night for 2 adults. Additional overnight guests are $6.50 per night
Rustic Cabins (i.e .screened leanto's): $46-53 per night per cabin. Located on the beach

Note: There are currently many sites open. I suggest you do 4 people to a site and book in the Tent site area. Book your sites SOON!!!

Kayak/Canoe Rentals:
Outdoor Adventure www.betheloutdooradventure.com
Kayak: single $35, tandem $50
Canoe: $50
Prices include shuttle to put-in. Subtract $10 per person if shuttle not needed.

Our camps are located ~400 feet south of the campground, and less than 900 feet from the furthest tent sites (i.e. 5 minute walk to my camp). We will have LIMITED sites available on my and Ed's lots, on a first come, first served basis. If you want one, eMail me IMMEDIATELY. Although I would like to have everyone stay at my place, I don’t have that much space, and it will be loud until late into the night. The campground, however, is a full featured facility, and most of the sites are very nice (note: I was a seasonal camper there for 6 years while searching for my camp)

Last year’s weekend was a success, and with a year under our belts, we feel that we can give you your money’s worth (it is a free show!) We hope that many of you will choose to join us

For more information, contact SherpaKroto via eMail, or post here.
Detailed Directions (you need BOTH parts!):

Last edited:
We won't be able to make it this year ... we'll be starting a weeklong backpack in Colorado then. :D

Have a great time, tip a few for me, and whatever you do, don't get caught!

I will be there cocked, loaded and ready to go. very doubtful, I will hike anything that weekend - why even plan one???, up till 3am, hungover as all hell, sleep til noon. its party time!

I would be up for singing some gg allin cover songs if anyone is up for it.

Gorpburp and I may be able to hit these festivities. We have alpine trail maintainence training the next day.

ohhhhh I so want to goooo!

Bummed I missed this last year, so was excited to go this year, but it is the weekend I get back from Europe. If I try to go....ummm...I'll definitely be in the dog house with my family if I take off again immediately.

If there is any possibility then I will be there! :D :D

Maybe in the middle of the night I can sneak away...... :rolleyes:

Reactions: arm
Gosh darn it. I am working a second job this summer for a physician friend in her urgent care center. Saturdays this summer are committed to...work and extra $$$$$$$

Groupie wantabe

So far, Pete is the only one with a good excuse to miss this event!!

Audrey, no problem -- I was planning on flying in. I'm leaving the yacht in Portland and flying over in the heli.

Dax - Saturday job?? Loose it! Abster - we're family that understand. Don't let them pressure you or you'll never hike!! and MichaelJ - Colorado is so boring you'll need to break it up with some green anyway - plenty of flights to shuttle you back and forth.

As for me... it's on the calendar. Considering that I may be in the middle of building a house or moving residences I should be able to sneak away. Sorry to have missed last year's premier so I'll should try hard to get there. Especially with a hike and yak trip in the offing. :D [How many concerts until I become a groupie??]

Besides, my pal Carmel wouldn't want me to miss it!

I will be doing my absolute best to make it to this event.... I've got no excuse and I shall not be looking for one unless there's a group of women who need me to cook for them. :D

bubba said:
[How many concerts until I become a groupie??]
One.

Just back from a rather successful practice weekend. We started yesterday around 11:30AM, played until 1:30 AM!!! Got up today, bright and early at 10:35 and played until 3:00 (after about 30 eggs, bacon, french toast...). We were rusty, but came together quite well. The more we drank, the better we sounded. I suggest this as a good recipe for our audience ;)

We hope many of you will join us!

thanks for the invite. i am now in SW VA about to record with my fiddling friend on a new CD, we're going to Cana tomorrow to the studio. in late july we are headed down to clifftop WV for the appalachian string band convention and then a week later to galax va for the old fiddlers convention. we just spent 4 days in NC at the mt airy fiddlers convention and the party afterwards in bobville. i wish i could come to the gathering but it is at the wrong time for me to go north. otherwise you would have a banjo and mandolin there. have a great time--would love to see u all in person one of these days. still planning our doghike trip up to NH late aug despite my torn rotator cuff--bring on the celebrex....
banjolady from NY

Coolness, I'll try to get off work for that Sat. If coming I'll be there Sat, I'll prob be climbing in NH on Sunday.

I need some tunes in my ears, so keep on practicing!