Bearly Live '08: July 25-27, Oxford, ME

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SherpaKroto

Reaction score
No Reading, MA Avatar: Crater Rim, Mt Rainier, 8/4
It is with great pleasure that we invite you to:
Bearly Live ‘08
in Oxford, Maine on July 25-27
MAP 178-182 Hogan Pond Lane, Oxford, Maine (Croteau/Keenan camps)
(Directions at bottom of this post)

This year’s we’ve moved up to a full fledged mini festival. We are being headlined by Chroma, fresh off their East Coast Tour and CD recording. We are also hosting additional prominent regional and local musicians, making for a nice blend of sounds. Joe Farren recently released his 2nd solo album. Steve “Otter” Holmes has played with, and opened for many of the Blues greats. FunkyFreddy has established himself in Kanada and is performing in Montreal clubs and on the Internet. Additionally, Joe Rego, and the Bluffs will perform to round out this excellent weekend of music.

This event is not one to miss. Did I mention that it is free?

Schedule:
Friday, July 25: Campfire and Music:
Performers:

6:00 PM Joe Rego
6:55 PM FunkyFreddy
7:50 PM Joe Farren
9:10 PM Steve “Otter” Holmes
9:45 PM Grey Knob and the Bluffs (w/Otter)
10:40 PM Chroma
on the deck
at 178 Hogan Pond Lane. (Camp Someplace Elle's, i.e SherpaKroto’s camp on Hogan Pond).

Saturday, July 26:
Day:
Start the day with a hike or a paddle! Hikes of choice: Puzzle Mtn and others in the Grafton Notch area of Maine (1 hour drive from Campground). Hogan and Whitney Ponds connect to the Little Androscoggin River: a scenic flatwater paddle
Evening:
Performers: 6:00-???

6:00 PM Grey Knob and the Bluffs (Classic Rock set)
7:00 PM FunkyFreddy
7:50 PM Grey Knob and the Bluffs (Grateful Dead set)
9:00-??? Chroma
on the deck
at 178 Hogan Pond Lane.

Grey Knob and the Bluffs are:
Gris (i.e. Grey Knob) :p : Lead guitar and vocals
MadTownie :mad: : Keyboards, harmonica and vocals
SherpaKroto :confused: : Drums/percussion and vocals
Mike "Jerry" Holt :) : Guitar and vocals
Ed "Dancing Bear" Keenan ;) : Guitar and vocals
Arm :D : Bass guitar
"MtnDo!" Tony Meserve :eek: Blues Harp
MtnPa :rolleyes: : Sound engineering

Lodging:
Two Lakes Campground www.twolakescamping.com
Tent Sites: $23 per night for 2 adults. Additional overnight guests are $6.50 per night
Rustic Cabins (i.e .screened leanto's): $46-53 per night per cabin. Located on the beach

Note: Weekend reservations can be made starting on June 15th. Be quick about it! There are currently sites open. I suggest you do 4 people to a site and book in the Tent site area.

Our camps are located ~400 feet south of the campground, and less than 900 feet from the furthest tent sites (i.e. 5 minute walk to my camp). We will have VERY LIMITED (3-4) sites available on my and Ed's lots, on a first come, first served basis. If you want one, eMail me IMMEDIATELY. Although I would like to have everyone stay at my place, I don’t have that much space, and it will be loud until late into the night. The campground, however, is a full featured facility, and most of the sites are very nice (note: I was a seasonal camper there for 6 years while searching for my camp)

This is the 3rd year for Bearly Live, and we’ve learned a bit from the past. I tend to overcommit myself, so this year I’m focusing on the music. We hope that many of you will choose to join us

For more information, contact SherpaKroto via eMail, or post here.
Detailed Directions (you need BOTH parts!) and Campground Map (with arrow to my cabin!!!):

Last edited:
Not to be Missed

There will be some excellent acoustic talent Friday night.

And on Saturday ... best put on your dancing shoes. From about 9 pm on the Chroma boys will lay down a groove that will have everyone up and boogie-ing. We are sooooo fortunate to have snagged these guys! They opened for George Clinton last year! :D

Dang

Dang! going to miss it. rented the Wheeler Pond Camps in NE VT that weekend. Have some friends and family coming up so i cant change the reservation. Oh well. Sounds like a blast!

Dang! I'll miss it too!
Only consolation is I'll be suppin' back a few pints of "Best Bitter" in some little pub in the Yorkshire dales. :)
Have Fun!

Hrmm, maybe time to buy that DSLR and get some nice high ISO shots of the bands...

Not that the bands won't have enough shots of their own...

HaHa

David Metsky said:
Not that the bands won't have enough shots of their own...
Not THIS year (i've been scolded by 'Ma SherpaK')- last time you had me playing - or trying to - on one knee, after sharing w/ me... :eek:

The minute that it's June 16th and weekend reservations are accepted, I'm going to reserve a camping spot. Whoever needs a space is more than welcome and encouraged to share.

David Metsky said:
Hrmm, maybe time to buy that DSLR and get some nice high ISO shots of the bands...

Keep that DSLR pointed at the stage this year :eek:

I looked at the campground website and wondered about the beach cabins and beach tent sites...

Not too much of a description nor any pictures that I could see. Does anyone know what these are like? Worth the higher price?

Last year's event was awesome; hiking, kayaking and schmoozing!! :)

Nilsa,
The cabins are rustic. Think of what city folk would do to try to build a lean-to :rolleyes: Basically a lean-to with a screened in porch. Beach sites are ok, but you have to deal with the kids running around at 8:00 AM. I used to have the last site at the end. It earned 2 names: "The Last Resort" and "Point Less" :D

Leaf,
I reworded the camping reservation date: the campground takes reservations for all weekend sites beginning on June 15th. Prior to that date they only take weeklong reservations. Call on 6/15 (early...) and you should be fine. Looking forward to meeting you!

BTW, my grill will be available for use by all except Shizzy (who insists on trying to burn my camp down! :eek: )

I can organize... I just can't write :eek: