Bearly Live '08: July 25-27, Oxford, ME

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SherpaKroto said:
For the Directionally challenged, I've added a Campground map (here and in the initial post) with an arrow pointing to my cabin. Believe it or not, Mats got lost last year!!!
Mats got lost in Talkeetna. I'm not surprised. ;)

mtnmama said:
I hope Mats and Donna NEVER go hiking alone.

We may never see them again.
Hmmm... there are MANY ways to read into that one :eek: I can see the headlines now: "Swedish Disco Ball enthusiast found wandering in the Whites with Hot Dancing Queen. When approached, they were found to be safe and well hydrated, thanks in part to Heine Keg" (Doug: I know, I know...)

mtnmama said:
I hope Mats and Donna NEVER go hiking alone.

We may never see them again.

SherpaKroto said:
Hmmm... there are MANY ways to read into that one :eek: I can see the headlines now: "Swedish Disco Ball enthusiast found wandering in the Whites with Hot Dancing Queen. When approached, they were found to be safe and well hydrated, thanks in part to Heine Keg" (Doug: I know, I know...)

I think she meant that they each are directionally-challenged--at least that's what I think she meant... :D Either that or that they will elope together and live in La La land... :) We should all be so lucky!! :eek: :)

Last edited:
Hey, i might be able to make this thing. I think I am going to be in the whites the week before BL, so maybe I'll just pop over and try to hide among all the beer drinkers there... Team Sobriety... :D

Anybody need a designated driver?

Jay

Please post here if you have available spots on your sites. All of the spots on my/Ed's camp are now taken, so please don't assume that any will be available. Parking space is VERY tight, so PLEASE make every effort to park at the campground on your site. We are attempting to hold all available parking at my/Ed's camps for Performers and those who have snagged spots there. Thanks!

I have space for one more tent on my site. That is, if there really is only room for two tents on a site (as I was told when I reserved). Otherwise, I may have more room.

I think I need a tentsite... Giggy was going to find me one but I haven't heard back..

I don't care which, I'm coming from backpacking in the Whites so I'll probably have my backpacking tent (a Black diamond Hilite) which is tiny...

Jay

If you hurry...

there is still one choice spot left on Sherp's secondary floating dock - but you have to swim out to it... :D

I am full - JayH your all set. I found ya one. sorry, should have emailed ya,

just noticing you avatar again - I think i took that pic!!! ;)

Last edited:
Food?

What, when and where do we eat? Or have I missed that thread?

I can bring jellied eels and pickled pig's feet if there's a pot luck. Maybe some pancreas and thymus gland too.

hey neil judging from the last 2 years - there will be loads of food around - everyone sems to kind of just do their thing and there is no shortage of grub or booze

there is a really good clam shack right outside the campground too. :)

Neil said:
What, when and where do we eat? Or have I missed that thread? I can bring jellied eels and pickled pig's feet if there's a pot luck. Maybe some pancreas and thymus gland too.
Neil, we've got plenty of eels. We are short on thymus gland though :rolleyes:

Most folks (except Shizzy) cook on the grill. I'm hoping that this year raw food won't be left out though :( With all the folks coming this year we'll need an extra grill...

The Lost Gull, on Rt 26 is indeed excellent!