Bearly Live '08: July 25-27, Oxford, ME

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Wkipedia and germaine to this group:

Discovered in 1984 by renowned Neurologist Antonio R. Damasio, Complexes Gatherismus (sub category vftt-com) is a brain altering condition which affects the ability of the hiker to make judgments relative to relationships and develop interactive/interactional capabilities beyond that of meaningless and primal instincts of attraction, usually based on a bizarre combination of alcohol consumption and hiking.

Symptoms:

The main effect of vftt-com is that patients whom suffers from the condition experiences abnormal attraction to a variance of people,such as are commonly found on internet forums and who they would not had previously engaged in conversation or relations with. Often referred to in the medical world as "Shallow Hal Syndrome," the patient shows an attraction to people of both sexes which display none of society’s conventional ideals of beauty from which physical attraction is developed. In this respect it is similar to Avrilium in that the seemingly disgusting is somehow revered by the disillusioned perspective of the individual. Extreme behaviour which may include Blumpkinism and Cleveland steamers loom large in their world.

This change in behavior can be drastic or develop over a series of years however the cause is undetermined. The method of web forum moderation has been shown to play a statistically significant role influencing an individual’s brain lulling or hyper-excitation effect caused potentially by radiation poisoning brought about by computer monitor exposure or abnormal therapy (twenty five percent of patients were either members of self ritual cults such as VFTT, Scientology or closely linked organisations) as well as lifestyle choices such as obsessive hiking.

A possible indicator can be found in the material used to produce Nalgene bottles and the psycho-active products created in the process.

From the patients studied by Dr Damasio several showed signs of abnormal behavior in regards to physical actions predominantly in terms of pelvic thrusting and jittering of the eyes and mouth accompanied by a foul odor of the groin region, similar to that of decomposing fish. There was also a tendency of many patients to lie about specific circumstances which were tested under PolyGram and scientific behavioral research.

Complexes Gatherismus :confused:

Obviously he's still "experimenting"

Juniper said:
I have space for one more tent on my site. That is, if there really is only room for two tents on a site (as I was told when I reserved). Otherwise, I may have more room.

Is it still available? I'd like to take up some space somewhere...

Last edited:
UNFROZENCAVEMAN said:
Obviously he's still "experimenting"

They say it keeps you young, lol :eek: :D .... Can't wait to play and party with everyone again at Sherpa's! Special thanks again to Sherpa Kroto for his extraordinary efforts at putting this together every year!

I'll be playing with many of the usual suspects at 7PM both nights and have some new music up here www.thesixtyone.com/Funkyfreddy

Hope to see many of you there! Thanks, Fred :D :eek: :) ;)

Last edited:
Got speakers?

heineken-speakers.jpg

Tic-toc tic-toc, 14 days until we rock!

Plans are proceeding very well. We've finally gotten all of the logistics worked out (getting performers to/from Maine, lodging, food, set lists, equipment, stage set up). Now all we need to do is learn the songs :eek: Just kidding: the Bluffs have been hard at work playing (or is it at play working?) :rolleyes:

Note: I'll be heading up on 7/17 to make sure that all is well. If anyone wants to come up a day early, feel free: you can pitch a tent for a night at my place but would likely have to move it on Friday before 3:00 PM! (unless you reserved a spot at my place)

coffee pot?

Is anybody bringing a big coffee pot?
(will TJ be there?)

Police Activity along Route 26

A warning to those attending. Route 26 from Gray Maine to Bethel is one of the most heavilly patrolled sections of highway in Maine. Most of the towns along the way have local police that are very agressive at enforcing their 30 MPH speed. There are at two counties along the stretch with at least a few deputies each and a state police barracks in Gray Maine.

Definitely not a place to try to make up time or to drive under the influence.

Note there are some alternate routes that have less enforcement but they tend to be a tad bt more rural with local traffic.

Bearly Live in the News!

Our little music festival is getting mention as far south as Jacksonville Florida!
Jacksonville.com Shorelines
Echoing what peakbagger said: don't speed, don't drive under the influence, particularly if your plates are the "wrong color" (i.e. not Maine :rolleyes: ).

Heading up tonight. All the gear is packed, we had a great practice last night, and are getting ready to roll out the read carpet for y'all!

See you Friday, 7/25. ARRIVE EARLY!!!

SherpaKroto said:
particularly if your plates are the "wrong color" (i.e. not Maine :rolleyes: ).
Sherp, I'm disappointed in you. The color of the plates doesn't matter. Hey, with the new AG plates we have all kinds of colors.

You just don't want to be "from away." :D

Yeah, and if you haven't lived in Maine for 15 generations, you 'ARE FROM AWAY!'

But, the flip side is you can escape at 17 years old, never return, and still be a 'MEAN MAINE GIRL' ;)

Maine blood just runs a little colder...

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Is it true that residents of Maine average 3.2 Elvis sightings per year?

Or was that 3.2 appliances on the front porch?

Hey, up here in Quebec we're gearing up for a Sir Paul sighting, but not on my porch.

Sorry Neil, but that would be 'non working appliances' on the porch, and at least ONE engine hanging from a tripod made of hand cut trees.

BUT, at least we don't have the Confederate Flag hanging in our garages and think that the South will Rise Again!

Ouch!

chinooktrail said:
BUT, at least we don't have the Confederate Flag hanging in our garages and think that the South will Rise Again!

Hey watch it! As a direct descendant of General Bobby Lee, I resemble that remark
:p

Sorry, didn't mean to offend, merely pointing out that each state or region has it's own unique quirkiness...

Maine just seems to have more than it's share of um... quaintness...

I got a picture of my touring bike and I at a sign on Rt 3 by Augusta pointing towards China, I can joke with all my friends saying I've biked in China... :)

Jay