Blurb.com

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy

Reaction score
Just a quick note. I just made my first photobook. Not a photo album, but a photo book, where the photos are embedded right into the pages, what some would call a coffee table book. Anyway, I used the SmartBook software from Blurb.com. I wasn't setting my expectations too high, but the result was excellent. I'm very impressed with the quality of the actual physical book. Expensive? Yes, you bet. But as a once in a while kind of thing, like for a collection of best photos, or a trip you'll never forget, I highly recommend it. The software download is free, and you can play with it for free forever. The only time you pay is after you upload your complete book to their site and you actually want to order the book. Also, I got it in the mail three days after I ordered it, about a week earlier than their "expected" ship date. There are no doubt other similar sites out there, maybe better, maybe cheaper, but here's one vote for Blurb.

Edit to add: You can also make your book "public", so people can review it online. Pretty cool.

I have made several photo books with Blurb and can attest to the excellent quality of the finished product. I found the software to be very good also.

Putting a photobook together is a labor of love. You have to know when to quit tweaking it.