crescent moon snowshoes

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eddie70

Reaction score
does anyone have any experience with crescent moon snowshoes? i was checking out some atlas snowshoes today and these were on the same rack. they look pretty cool--both because they look cool and because the binding looks like it would be easy to operate. i've never seen them on the trails in nh but they really did look like good shoes. here's the website:
http://www.crescentmoonsnowshoes.com/

anyone heard of 'em? used 'em? seen 'em?

i have a pair of gold 10's. this my second winter with them. no complaints! i've probably used them for 50-75 miles. they have held up well. my only warning would be that the crampons are pretty aggressive -at least compared to my redfeathers. i love the ratcheting bindings

I have the Gold 9's rated to 190lbs, which are great if it's just me and a daypack. The bindings are great, easy on, easy off, no problems. If you and your gear are over, say 180lbs, I'd go for the 10's or 17's. These are NOT best for real deep snow, a more oval design, like Atlas or Tubbs offers, probably has more flotation. These tear-drop designs are best suited to light and fast vs. heavy and deep, IMHO.