DEEP snow

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robs

Reaction score
So, I did sugarloaf today, and was hoping for Spaulding, but the snow was Way too deep; chest deep for a 6'1" fella, and too loose for snow shoes to help enough. From experience in previous years, how long before it compacts? I want to get as many peaks as I can this winter, but that was ridiculous...

Rain @ 50 degrees way down south here, but rain in Moosebutt as well???? at altitude??

It did... Mike (MFurgal64) was grilling last night and kept coming in to report "transparent snow", which was kind of harshing my mellow.

It was really beating down at midnight, but it apparently shifted, briefly, back over to snow in the wee hours as there is a dusting on top of whatever we ended up with. I am not sure I want to know what's down there, but I bet it's slick.

Was out in the Whites yesterday. Not a lot of new snow, but the high winds blew a lot of snow onto the trails - lots of drifts - so it felt like all new snow. ;)