Diana's Baths - April 12, 2023

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhody Seth

Reaction score
I took Ezri up to North Conway last week as we were on vacation and hotel prices suggested it would be a quiet time to visit. Boy was I right. We attempted to hike Mt. Moriah on the 11th but it was a little much for her. Ezri isn't a fan of snow, especially soft slushy snow. So the following day I wasn't sure what we would do. It would need to be easy and low-lying to keep her from balking. I figured if we couldn't get parking at Diana's Baths at this time of year, we'd never get parking. And so it was. There were only a few cars in the lot. The trail was a mix of ice and dirt. We put on spikes at first but of course there were long stretches of dirt as well and I soon made us take them off to preserve them. Ezri didn't like it but it was easy enough to walk on most of the ice as it had plenty of debris. And the rest could be avoided.

The falls were in great form and there were some cool features where the remaining snow was being sculpted by the water flow. Considering the amount of snow we encountered up high the day before, I can only guess that the falls will continue to put on a show. Definitely a good time to visit while the crowds are gone.