Dolomites!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my best friends and long time hiking friend has had a 2nd home in the Dolomites for 18 years. The view out of their kitchen window is the Marmolada. He and his wife grew up in the village. His cousin is one of the local hutmasters.
They've been after me to come stay with them since they built the place. Kids, job, 9/11, a succession of things intervened. Came close to going last summer and then a glitch in plans messed it up.
I could go over every summer if I'd accepted every invitation to come stay with them for a couple of weeks at a time.
Every time I see pictures like this, I kick myself more.

Wow, I thought I saw beautiful scenery when I cycled across central Italy several years ago. Now I realize it pales in comparison to being in the Dolomites. Your photos, Juniper, are unbelievable! The only thing more unbelievable is that Peakbagr has not taken his friends up on their annual offer! :confused: Go! Think of all of us who don't have friends there and need to live vicariously through you! :D