full moon

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spider solo

Reaction score
Thought I would mention it should be great sunsets/moonrise the next few days.... as long as things stay clear.
Yesterday I went off of Pavillon Beach in Ipswich and down around Cranes Beach. The moon rose beautifuly, bright orange at 1st...rising just as the sun set...calm water made for a mirror like reflections. It was a nice time to be on the water.
happy paddling....spdr

The full moon also makes for higher tides offering paddling opportunities, especially in marshes, that might otherwise be difficult. Likewise, the low tides are lower.

We paddled Barnstable Harbor/Sandy Neck yesterday. There is a small window of opportunity to explore the dunes of "the Dromedary" since it's no fun walking across that sharp marsh grass.

Stan said:
The full moon also makes for higher tides offering paddling opportunities, especially in marshes, that might otherwise be difficult. Likewise, the low tides are lower.

It also makes for good crabbing! :D

Tides up here are more dramatic than I'm used to.. still getting used to them.

Warren and I were on Butter Island in Penobscot Bay on the full moon. The moon was super-red from the sun but it was kind of overcast so it disappeared from view for most of the night...

Jay