Fungus on White Ledge Trail

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stash

Reaction score
I've moved back east from Utah and wanted to get out for a little outing so we combined a car camp at White Ledge campground (a nice little place) with a short hike on White Ledge Trail in late August. I'd been here before with my dog Nellie and enjoyed the simple terrain and exposed ledges up top. On this hike we also encountered the beginning of the time for wild blueberries and a great variety of mushrooms along the trail. It started with simple little red mushroom that caught my eye and deserved a picture. Soon we saw another unique one. And another. I'm sure none were exotic and a few were edible (though with my lack of education on the subject I'd rather not take that chance) but capturing the colors and shapes as we went along turned a nice little hike into an even more enjoyable outing. And the blueberry snacks along the way just enhanced the whole thing.

It's nice to be back east. Looking forward to winter and the snow hikes it will bring.

I've posted a few pictures and am sure someone can identify many of them..