Garmin Connect/ Wireless Upload Problem

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone use a garmin fitness gps with ant wireless agent? It refuses my password and will not upload data to the Garmin Connect site. I have checked the password twice, three times, four times...it gets me into the garmin connect site.

Garmin says to make sure the PC clock is set and you have the latest software but offers no advice beyond that.

Has anyone seen another solution? I've emailed Garmin, but I am not hopeful that the problem will be solved, based on past experience.

Garmin connect has had a "we're having problems" banner up for the past several days. I'm still uploading okay from my 310XT using ANT Agent (the old software). There's the new software...Garmin Express, I want to say?...that may go either better or worse. Whichever you're using, try the other :)

Ok, apparently its a forced upgrade to Garmin Express.....now it keeps updating the "time zone database" in the watch, reports success, and insists on updating it again.

What watch? I just did another round of uploads with the ANT agent with no problem. The "problems" banner is gone from Garmin Connect.

The ANT agent is running on Windows 7, 64 bit, and the computer clock is set to UTC.

Well, first of all, tech support emailed me back and told me to install Garmin Express because Garmin Connect would not work any more.

The watch is a Garmin 610 exercise hrm watch and gets a database to correct UTC time to local time based on GPS coordinates. Garmin Express said the database needed to be updated, even after it has been updated.

Finally I upgraded my Colorado GPS 400c with new firmware and GPS Hot fix on Thursday, and now its telling me that that I must apply these updates again.

Not quite on topic but close - for Christmas, I got a MacBook Air, as a serious upgrade over a big Windows 7 laptop I bought several years ago. I was worried about transferring Topo since the MacBook doesn't even have a connection for CD-ROMs, but my tech-savvy daughter was able to do that. She did tell me that Topo "was no longer supported," but that merely complicated her task.

Well, first of all, tech support emailed me back and told me to install Garmin Express because Garmin Connect would not work any more.
Tech support mispoke (to be gracious). Garmin Connect is the website where you view your data. It has not gone away (got a major update a few months ago). Garmin Express is a software for communicating between the computer, GPS unit, and Garmin Connect; it's the New Way. The ANT+ Agent was the old way and still works in many cases, and is worth trying if Garmin Express is giving you trouble, particularly since the 610 shipped well before Garmin Express came along.

The watch is a Garmin 610 exercise hrm watch and gets a database to correct UTC time to local time based on GPS coordinates. Garmin Express said the database needed to be updated, even after it has been updated.
You can try a soft reset first: hold down on the lap button while turning on the watch with the power button (hold lap, tap power), select Yes at the prompt. This will remove settings but not your saved activities. If you've managed to get all your activities off it, it may be worth trying a master reset, which will delete everything.

Unfortunately DC Rainmaker doesn't have a forum, but people having problems with a particular product often post in the review for that product. Might be worth a shot, and good luck.

Finally I upgraded my Colorado GPS 400c with new firmware and GPS Hot fix on Thursday, and now its telling me that that I must apply these updates again.
Is this a different question, or were these issues mixed together in your original post? Sometimes the updates don't go through properly, or two updates come out together quickly. I wouldn't worry too much about two updates close together and would go ahead and let it do the update...if it then keeps saying the upgrade still needs to be applied, then I'd worry. I'm still on a 76CSx for hiking GPS, so don't know much about the new stuff.

Tech support mispoke (to be gracious). Garmin Connect is the website where you view your data. It has not gone away (got a major update a few months ago). Garmin Express is a software for communicating between the computer, GPS unit, and Garmin Connect; it's the New Way. The ANT+ Agent was the old way and still works in many cases, and is worth trying if Garmin Express is giving you trouble, particularly since the 610 shipped well before Garmin Express came along.

You can try a soft reset first: hold down on the lap button while turning on the watch with the power button (hold lap, tap power), select Yes at the prompt. This will remove settings but not your saved activities. If you've managed to get all your activities off it, it may be worth trying a master reset, which will delete everything.

Unfortunately DC Rainmaker doesn't have a forum, but people having problems with a particular product often post in the review for that product. Might be worth a shot, and good luck.

Is this a different question, or were these issues mixed together in your original post? Sometimes the updates don't go through properly, or two updates come out together quickly. I wouldn't worry too much about two updates close together and would go ahead and let it do the update...if it then keeps saying the upgrade still needs to be applied, then I'd worry. I'm still on a 76CSx for hiking GPS, so don't know much about the new stuff.

Yes you are right. Tech support said Ant Agent was going away and to use Express.

Garmin Express is doing the same thing with two different devices: updating them, and then saying they need to be updated (with the same updates). I will follow up with tech support.