GPS Oops? or just optimistic?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That area is a Class V if not Class VI road at the point where they were stuck. It's great mountain biking in that area in The Summer and ski touring/snow shoeing in the Winter. I would suspect that low snow levels also enticed them to go further than they would in a normal snow year. Their vehicle probably would have become a giant paper weight until the end of mud season if it had not been for the extractor's tracked vehicle.

With the current low snowpack, I expect with my chains on I could probably haul them out with one of the "twins" but they are parked for the winter as Unimog's do not like road salt. Both of them have 17" of ground clearance to the bottom of the differential with the standard tires I run. PB010289.JPG

Last edited:
With the current low snowpack, I expect with my chains on I could probably haul them out with one of the "twins" but they are parked for the winter as Unimog's do not like road salt. Both of them have 17" of ground clearance to the bottom of the differential with the standard tires I run. View attachment 6979
That’s Bad Ass! I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the local clientele in the neighborhood of the extrication may have been out tearing it up with their big tires. Which might have been another hook that lured them into the area. Ironically if they had come in from the North instead of the South their is a maintained Winter parking area where as mentioned in the article is the spot where the Town of Eaton stops plowing.