Heated Mitts / Gloves Question

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great. But how was the dexterity handling Screws, carabiner gates and tools?

Any glove that kept my hands warm ice climbing in very cold wx made climbing a chore.

They are a fuller glove with a feel similar to BD guides. I had no issues holding tools, biners, screws, etc.. My one complaint is that I sized up to a XL and the fit is a little too snug to easily get the gloves on/off when wearing a liner.

They are a fuller glove with a feel similar to BD guides. I had no issues holding tools, biners, screws, etc.. My one complaint is that I sized up to a XL and the fit is a little too snug to easily get the gloves on/off when wearing a liner.
I have always found it easier to fill the shell than to squeeze it.

Company called Wasoto sent me a pair of their heated gloves to review. These are low-end compared to the OR Prevails and others mentioned in this thread but at $90 they aren't that cheap either. They certainly work and kept my hands warm. Battery life matched their claims though the high setting didn't get as hot as I expected. My guess is that durability longterm may be the difference between these and higher end models but so far they've done the job. And yes, I'm am quite pleased with the thumbnail. :p

That is excellent not to mention spot on humor. So why any doubt on your part being a gear reviewer? Keep it going. One question. When you were switching out hand wear did you shut them off and then restart? Or did you just let the battery run?

That is excellent not to mention spot on humor. So why any doubt on your part being a gear reviewer? Keep it going. One question. When you were switching out hand wear did you shut them off and then restart? Or did you just let the battery run?

Eh, I feel like I'm pretty mediocre at reviews. Certainly not as snappy or in-depth as others. Like anything it'll get better with practice. But I appreciate the kind words. Regarding the gloves, when I was testing them on that overnight I would turn them off when I wasn't using. I only used them on high for that trip so I got about three hours of use out of them but spread those three hours out throughout the night. When I tested the batteries on low I put them outside at the start of my work day and would periodically test them to see if they were still warm/working.

With cold weather coming, following up to see what people think of the heated gloves/mitts they've used. This is for a family member who will use them for 3 hours at a time out in the open on dog walks. Regular mitts with handwarmers so far still leave the Raynauds fingers less than ideal. Mittens would seem to be better than gloves if there's a wire for the thumbs.

With cold weather coming, following up to see what people think of the heated gloves/mitts they've used. This is for a family member who will use them for 3 hours at a time out in the open on dog walks. Regular mitts with handwarmers so far still leave the Raynauds fingers less than ideal. Mittens would seem to be better than gloves if there's a wire for the thumbs.

After using those heated gloves I reviewed above a few times in the backcountry, I've decided that they don't work great in that situation (at least not the ones I had). It took a lot of effort for them to generate any warmth after being stored in my cold backpack and I decided it wasn't worth the weight/hassle.

However I found them to work well when doing things outside the house. Heating up from room temp, they provided great warmth while using the snowblower. Three hours may be stretching the limit depending on how hot he needs them but I think he'd certainly benefit from heated gloves on his dog walks.

Those dog walks are usually five exposed miles on a windy golf course. 2-3 hours coming from our home. For me heavy duty outer mitts with thick wool liners and chemical hand warmers work.