I finished the 48 in New Hampshire! 12 Years of adventure. 5-25-2014

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@TJsName: Hahaha. Good question. Bad weather days/poor planning back in 2005. I got North Kinsman from a partial trailess approach starting at Bridal Veil Falls and up over Cannon Balls. From there I snagged North Kinsman, but it was getting dark and I headed down knowing I would have to redo it again. When I did South I simply came up the route that goes from The Basin up over Kinsman Falls, and yes over North again.

Middle Carter is similar. I did it back in October 2005 acceding via the col between North and Middle Carter. I was just not feeling well that day. My usual hiking buddy was not with me and I left it for later, getting it in a rainstrorm with Carter Dome.

Haha - that's awesome! That's a fun way to knock them out - I figured there would be some memorable stories as to why.

And 12 years isn't too bad. It look me 13 I believe, from Waumbec to Madison. Congrats on finishing - it is a pretty cool feeling.

I will have 102/115 (NE 111+fallen four in dax)

It's a common misconception that the discrepancy between 111 (name of patch) and 115 (number of peaks) is due to the four sub-4Ks in the ADK46. In fact, it has nothing to do with the Dacks; it's due to the addition of four peaks in New England (Galehead, Bondcliff, Redington, and Spaulding) since the list was first invented.

--

Cumulus

NE111: 115/115 (67/67, 46/46, 2/2); Cat35: 27/39; WNH4K: 32/48; NEFF: 35/50
LT NB 2009

"I don't much care where [I get to] --" said Alice, "-- so long as I get somewhere," ...
"Oh, you're sure to do that," said the Cat, "if you only walk long enough."
- Lewis Carroll

It's a common misconception that the discrepancy between 111 (name of patch) and 115 (number of peaks) is due to the four sub-4Ks in the ADK46. In fact, it has nothing to do with the Dacks; it's due to the addition of four peaks in New England (Galehead, Bondcliff, Redington, and Spaulding) since the list was first invented.

--

Cumulus

NE111: 115/115 (67/67, 46/46, 2/2); Cat35: 27/39; WNH4K: 32/48; NEFF: 35/50
LT NB 2009

"I don't much care where [I get to] --" said Alice, "-- so long as I get somewhere," ...
"Oh, you're sure to do that," said the Cat, "if you only walk long enough."
- Lewis Carroll

Wow...I'll second that. I let a handful of others know. Thanks!