Isolation Bid #5

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jan 4th anyone?

Sunday looks like a decent day for a push up Isolation.

So far it looks like we have a strong group going in. Again, this will hopefully be my W48. We anticipate doing both traditional bushwhacks unless another group had done the other one from near the shelter and the tracks are still there :) More strong, experienced feet are welcomed!

wondering what the planned start time is. might be interested in joining if i could make the drive up there in time.

bryan

wondering what the planned start time is. might be interested in joining if i could make the drive up there in time.

bryan

If you show up late and get to follow our trail breaking,,,,then at least be carrying some celebration beverage for the summit!!! :D

This is going to be a very well earned Winter finish! I can't wait to see the face of relief on Steph!! :rolleyes:

So is this for Saturday or Sunday?

And what would the start time be?

I'm pretty E-Z
Coming out in the dark is not uncommon, right Darl :D
I would want to have the best odds at this go every which way, an early start time is great, but more feet on the trail is good too. So...I think a departure of 8am is a good trade off. Any thoughts?

I may be re-interested depending upon the weather and day.

I'm pretty E-Z
Coming out in the dark is not uncommon, right Darl :D
I would want to have the best odds at this go every which way, an early start time is great, but more feet on the trail is good too. So...I think a departure of 8am is a good trade off. Any thoughts?

Hmm, we may of come out in the dark on more than one occasion....we carry those headlamps for a reason,,,right?

8am sounds really good to me!! That gives me time to function and have coffee.....which is very important if you want my cheery personality.:D

That's the only disposition I know of you Darl, cheery and bright eyed and bushy tailed :rolleyes:

Okay, Sunday Jan 4, 8am it is. Anyone arriving late is welcomed to come in and catch up to us. Planned is the Engine Hill BW and the BW to the col.
See you at the lot and may the newly fallen snow be fluffy.

If I can get packed and on the road Saturday, I may try to join you for this. Are we meeting at the Rocky Branch Trail parking area on Rt. 16?
I tried Isolation ~4 years ago, but was turned back at the stream. Until reading this post, I didn't know it was such a difficult peak.
I usually come out in the dark, so no problem there. My only 2 hikes this winter, in the Dixes, started and ended by headlamp.
Don't wait for me. I've got a lot of planning, packing, and driving (6+ hours) to do, and don't know if I'll get there at all.

weekend plans changed for me. I will never be able to get there on time. Have a great hike, Sunday looks to be sunny.

I'm doing Cabot on Saturday so I am looking forward to Isolation on Sunday. See you at the trailhead.:D

Isolation being hiked today by UFC, MEB, and etc....strong hikers. I will see them tonight and get any info. It should be all broke out and a fun hike tomorrow!

Darl

Thank you UFC, MEB, et al. After skiing on Friday, doing Cabot today, I could use an easy hike. Barring any major calamity, I will see you tomorrow at 8:00am

Congratulations Steph for finishing your winter 48’s on Isolation today. It was a fun day.

Congrats! I'd be interested in hearing what the trail and bushwhack conditions are like. I may be heading up there this week.