Last day of winter today

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

Super Moderator
Staff member
VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
It is the Spring Solstice today at 5:24 PM. It was definitely an odd one from a weather perspective with it not really looking like winter until about 3 weeks ago. Looking at the snow conditions up in my area the snow from the most recent storm is going away rapidly. A couple days of sun and rain forecast by the end of the week is going to really burn the snow in sunny areas.

No doubt lots of folks working on winter lists got more than few boxes checked off. Now it is time for the annual "is the road open questions". I dont think the frost got very deep which should help them to dry out but a couple of spring storms could wash them out quick.

I had two good trips up to the Whites this winter but it only netted me two more peaks on my winter list, bringing me to 35. Until next time!

It is the Spring Solstice today at 5:24 PM. It was definitely an odd one from a weather perspective with it not really looking like winter until about 3 weeks ago. Looking at the snow conditions up in my area the snow from the most recent storm is going away rapidly. A couple days of sun and rain forecast by the end of the week is going to really burn the snow in sunny areas.

No doubt lots of folks working on winter lists got more than few boxes checked off. Now it is time for the annual "is the road open questions". I dont think the frost got very deep which should help them to dry out but a couple of spring storms could wash them out quick.
Spring Equinox, not Solstice. 🙂