looking for advice on a honeymoon hike in Nova Scotia

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bushwhack

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I have a very specific question. My wife and I are planning on backpacking in in Nova Scotia soon, doing the Chignecto loop trail during our honeymoon. Everything I have seen says it is very challenging, but my question is, compared to what? Has anyone hiked this? My wife is apprehensive, but I am hoping that it is relative to the rest of Nova Scotia- it looks pretty flat. Ten miles a day in the white mountains is her absolute max- would this be hard compared to the whites, or much easier?

Thanks,

Bushwhack

Trail is quite flat except when ascending/descending to the shoreline (about 600 VF each time). Footing is very good, no rock-hopping. If your wife can do 10 miles a day in the whites, she will have no problem. The flat parts are through a mixed hard/softwood forest, with frequent views of the Bay of Fundy from 600 ft elevation. I've hiked both the whites and Cape Chignecto. To call it a loop is deceptive, as the scenic part is about 20 miles (2 or 3 nites), then either go back to your car on a trail through the woods, or stash a bicycle at one end, then drive car to the other.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cap...KHZlEBwEQ9QEwAXoECAcQBg#imgrc=8xkcyPexb-d2hM:

Last edited:
Go to Oak Island, ~30 mile S of Halifax!

Went there in 1975 before the hoop-la started.

Last edited: