Lost in the Sun on Webster Cliff

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody

Reaction score
Leaf was waiting at the pull-out across from Willey's slide on 302 in Crawford Notch on Saturday morning at 8 am when I pulled in right on schedule after leaving my house at 5:15 am. We knew that Jeff would be right along. He went zipping right past us about 10 minutes later. We were on the wrong side of the street and he didn't notice us. He was on a mission to head down to the general store and get some supplies for the day. He was back in about 10 more minutes. We quickly got our gear together and decided that we would use Jeff's rack and he would take the leads for the day. This was fine with me. My job for the day would be to clean. Leaf would take the middle position.
Our plan for the day was to climb Lost in the Sun on Webster Cliff. We couldn't have picked a better day! I'll let my PICTURES tell the rest of the story!

Any issues with it being wet?

I was up there last October and most of the bolts were out of reach in running water. We only made it up 6 pitches, as the rest was drenched...

adamiata said:
Any issues with it being wet?
Nope. There were patches of wet rock off to the left and a few up top but nothing that got in the way.

The climb was relatively easy - lots of slab-tastic-ness. It was good to get out and have a long day of multi-pitchers.. I mean pitches. ;) Thanks Jeff and Woody for the quick refreshers along the way. I really enjoyed it. Good to be on the rope. :D

Niiiiice...

Looks like a great day. Makes me want to get out and gear up (it's been a number of years and I'd have to buy everything... so it prbly won't happen!) Thanks for sharing and not spoiling it with any pix of you :p

So how does one get down after getting Lost in the Sun? Does the climb take you to a trail?

Sweet multi-pitcher outing, folks!

bubba said:
So how does one get down after getting Lost in the Sun? Does the climb take you to a trail?
The most popular ways are using jetpacks or parachutes.

:D

Very Kool...definitely makes me want to go check this one out. You guys look as you were "In the Sun"as well as being on "Lost in the Sun". :cool: I hear there is also a great 5.6 variation to the climber's right of this route and also a 5:10 a/b to the left that are also worthy. Bubba if you look at the pictures and the route description it's a rap off. Although a jetpack could be pretty kool too :eek:

yeah, I was a little slow on the uptake.. beings I was up til 1:30-2 in the morning. :cool:

Great trip report and photos! I did not know about this route, then noticed that it was first climbed (?) in July 2007 by Chuck Woodman (North Face, Lincoln, NH). Amazing that such a fine route in the Whites was not opened up until so recently.