max anderson swedish sailing canoe

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coldfeet

Reaction score
David,

Sounds like you had a great time on your recent trip in the Adirondacks.

Please send pictures of your Swedish canoe once it's re-constituted.

Got to speak with Ray at the Lows Lake put-in this fall.

I'm off to paddlle again on Cranberry Lake on Monday - it's the time of the year for kayaks and drysuits; giving the Rapidfire a well earned rest.

Be well.

Mike

Hope your friend has plenty of time. It may be one of thoese restorations where the amount of new wood will exceed the amount of original wood. I expect whoever works on it is going to be building a strongback and hull forms to keep everything straight. I dont envy the task of removing the remaining polyester resin with a heat gun.

Just heard from the WCHA that the parts that I donated from the canoe (couldn't be restored) brought in app $600 from their auction. People will use them in their restoration projects. Glad I was able to help the WCHA. these folks also have some talents rebuilding canoes almost 100 years old. And I can't even replace molding in my house :(

Nice of you to help out the WCHA. They are dedicated group. I wouldn't dare paddling most of their boats they restore as they are closer to art then a boat.

They sent me a few pics of their boats at an ADK gathering last summer, man, how nice do they look! I love the curled front and rear parts of their boats. Silly me I looked on their website at restored boats from the 1920's and 30's...some list for $3,000 and up....gotta be years of art work put into them..who knows, maybe one day ...