Mt. Clinton Road Parking Lot

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yesterday (12-12) the road was untouched. Does anyone have any information about policy changes regarding plowing to the lot? This would be a significant loss of spaces if this lot is not going to be open anymore. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike

This same thing happened at about this time last year (click HERE for link). I don't know if it's the same situation, but last year this was caused by the Forest Service's snow plow being temporarily out of service while it was in the shop for repairs.

i've always preferred to park at the highland center lot anyway. when the clinton lot is plowed i've used it, but the other is nice and close to warm "facilities" and a place to gear up if it's particularly windy. never gotten any sort of hassle about not being a "guest".

bryan

It wasn't plowed as of Saturday morning, but by afternoon I could see that cars had traveled in, though that portion of the trail had not been broken out. Our group parked at the Highland Center.

Last edited:
Like bryan, I've also always parked across the street at the Highland Center even in the summer, or just off the road (if it's plowed well enough in winter) right next to the Highland Center but closer to the old Crawford Depot building. I've heard that the Mt. Clinton Rd. parking lot is a bad place for break-ins, and I feel more secure across the street where it's more out in the open.

In the past, I've also used the Highland Center lot on occasion when unable to access the FS lot. I believe it is posted for use by hotel guests only. Has anyone ever had a problem using the Highland Center lot for a day hike?