Nash Stream SF

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barbarossa

Reaction score
Does Nash Stream State Forest have any access restrictions, or is it fairly wide open like WMNF? I have never been there and I am interested in planning a trip.

Wide open as long as you leave at nightfall. No camping or overnight parking is allowed. Some great hikes with great views... enjoy.

Tim Horn said:
Wide open as long as you leave at nightfall. No camping or overnight parking is allowed. Some great hikes with great views... enjoy.
Wait, it looks like a pretty big area. How do people hiking the Cohos Trail go through there without camping somewhere? The map I have shows at least two things labeled "proposed campsite 2003"... :confused:

-Dr. Wu

dr_wu002 said:
Wait, it looks like a pretty big area. How do people hiking the Cohos Trail go through there without camping somewhere? The map I have shows at least two things labeled "proposed campsite 2003"... :confused:
The Cohos Trail has at least one campsite in the Forest and one just outside to the N. Casual overnight use is discouraged so they are available to long-distance hikers.

arghman - Sugarloaf is a sweet mountain with great views to the South!!
The hike up is mostly on an old washed out logging road......definately not as interesting as the bare rock and unique trail up Percy Peaks. But the views and an old cabin foundation on the way up make up for the first part of the "trail".