Need a new camera bag... suggestions?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Technetium

Reaction score
I have had a Nikon D50 for while which I use with a 17-35mm lens almost all the time. I had a bag that fit it very snugly, with just enough room on side pouches for a couple spare batteries, wireless remote, and extra SD cards. However, I have now upgraded to a Nikon D800. This camera is a giant in comparison to the D50 and it no longer fits the bag (I can put it in and snap the flap down, but the zipper cannot be closed).

So here is what I am looking for:
  • A bag with the strap removable. This bag is going to be packed in my backpack and the strap will just be in the way.
  • Should fit the camera and lens as snugly as possible to leave room for other things in the backpack (like sleeping bag, tent, food stuff, etc).
  • Must be able to fit D800 with any one of the following lenses attached: 17-35mm f/2.8, 180mm f/2.8, or 14-24mm f/2.8
  • should have some extra space for spare batteries and SD cards

I was looking at the Think Tank holster bags but I really have no idea which one would be best.

Thanks, I wasn't familiar with Clikelite... they do have a couple bags that seem very close to what I'm looking for, such as this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Clik-Elite-CE...?ie=UTF8&qid=1348845065&sr=8-16&keywords=clik

It's a little bit bigger than what I am looking for, so I'll keep it in mind if I can't find a better option.

I notice they make camera-friendly backpacks (much like F-Stop Gear), but it always seems that these backpacks have far too little internal volume. I'm used to a Gregory Whitney and when I go backpacking, I tend to fill all 95 L of storage space. Since my Whitney broke recently, I am actually looking to replace it with the 110 L Denali.