New Home Page Photo?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Rankin

Reaction score
Maybe we could use this section of the site to have a photo contest for a new Home Page Photo? Winter is over, and while there may still be snow up in the hills, I'm ready for a spring picture! :)

Edit: Says the guy with a Winter Avatar! Ok, I'll change that soon!

I think we need a wider photo, the current one isn't as wide as my browser and looks icky as it tiles.

It's hard to take a photo that is wide enough and scales well for all browsers. I try to take ones I know have a chance at fitting but spring isn't the best time of year for me. My goal is to have it look decent at 100% zoom at 16x10 resolution. Maybe there are enough HD resolution monitors now to try for an even wider panorama.

Tim

Last edited:
Maybe you need a few photo submissions! :p

I got your note, and I understand the complexities of doing these kinds of things, as the 3500 Club holds photo contests. If you want, I'd be happy to run the contest for you. Or, you could pick an anonymous judge, e.g. [email protected] .

I know we have some fantastic photographers out there! :)

A 360° panorama wouldn't have to be as wide, it would tile seamlessly if done right.