New Tent

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrOysterhead

Reaction score
My parents got me a TNF Talus 23 Tent for Christmas (yay). It's fly and the rest of the tent are factory seam sealed, but I'm wondering if I should seal them again? also, anything else i should do to prep the tent for use this spring? Thanks and Happy Holidays!

peace
Oysterhead

I have two, three season tents from North Face, the only problem I have ever with any leaks was around the Velcro tabs on the fly that wrap around the poles. In very hard/prolonged rain a small amount of leaking will occur. As a result I seam sealed around those and while I was at it I did the floor seam for good measure even though that had never leaked. I have been pleased with both of these tents.

Mr O,
If it is the heat seal tape (and I am sure it is) no need to do anything but enjoy!!!! You can add seam sealer, but the returns from your efforts will likely be close to nothing, if anything at all- The tape that mfgrs use is pretty good!!

Last edited:
As WBB said. Any stitched area not taped should be seam sealed. This includes the zippers and anything stitched onto the tent. Those are usually not taped sealed.