NH - 1st Snowshoe Hike, Slow Pace - Any takers?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tobit

Reaction score
Picking up my first pair of snowshoes from EMS in the morning. Anyone up for a slow paced hike on a short peak to watch me make a fool of myself with them? :rolleyes: I can hike any day of the week and not picky about the destination but love the Ossipess and Belknaps. 4K's are out as I don't have the gear for it and can barely climb them in the summer time as it is (only did two 4K's last year). Don't necessarily have to summit anything either, a woods walk would be fine as well.

I may head to the Ossipees solo, if I don't find any takers for anything else, and stomp around the carriage roads for a bit.

Thanks for the info, skibones. I think I am going to head to the Ossipees on Friday and we'll then see what the weekend brings.

Tobit-

I may be coming up late Sat nite to Epsom, and up for something Sunday or Monday if that works. I've done Major, never the Ossipees and that would be great. Either way have a good time Friday & let us know how you make out.

Peter

Hey Peter, good to hear from you. Definitely heading to the Ossipees tomorrow, solo at this point, and have tentative plans with Bob McCue to do some stomping around Waterville on Monday. I could be up for another Ossipee trip on Sunday but the Daytona 500 is on Sunday. :rolleyes: