NH 48 finale finally! (tecumseh+moosilauke)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natron

Reaction score
2-21-12 Great day to finish! Ideally wanted my finale with sun, powder, and low winds.. I settled for a little powder, sun and clouds and low winds to slightly breezy.. I was rewarded with 2 very fun snowboard runs! The 48 kind of fell in my lap. I don't consider myself a peakbagger but rather just guy who likes to get out in nature, whether it be snowboarding via chairs or legs, mt. biking, hiking, fishing, etc.. After my father passed away (he was taken too early age 49) my step mother started recruiting me for some 4ker hikes.. Turns out I had a great deal of them done, before I even knew about the list.. So, the last 3 yrs. I slowly finished the list. I'll say it took 11 yrs. total to finish the list, counting mt.w. as my 1st peak @ age 22, via up and down tux in the summer. (however I'm sure I hiked a couple in my teens just not certain on dates and names..) Anyways I'm glad I hiked all these peaks it was a great geography lesson! Majority of my hiking prior to the NH 48, were peaks within the 2 hr. window of me, prezzis, evans notch, grafton notch, tumbledown range, longfellows and western maine foothills, so it was nice to see other spots! I added some new favorite hikes like, tripyramids via the slides, bondcliff and moosilauke to name a few..

straight to the slideshow!:D

[video=vimeo;37246027]http://vimeo.com/37246027[/video]

Last edited:
thanx, Chip!

My step-mom actually finished 2 yrs ago, she's way more goal oriented than I :D

Last edited:
Congrats on a great achievement . You should be proud.

Your untimate reward will not be the completing of the list, but the huge cadre of memories you can recall at will forever.

Enjoy the second time around even more.
Explore and enjoy!