NH F&G Press Release: Commission to study funding issue

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
General question for everyone: Has anyone made an attempt to petition the NH State Legislature to pay for this? Phone calls and written petitions make a difference. I would be on board with helping make that happen if enough people were interested and thought it would work.

I have spoken to Jeb Bradley about this personally while out hiking and as you mention on the other thread it is about equity, with the prevailing attitude that hikers should pay something while anglers and hunters already do. I believe the "inequity" is triggered by such a large group ("hikers") that are not currently contributing.

Tim

I have spoken to Jeb Bradley about this personally while out hiking and as you mention on the other thread it is about equity, with the prevailing attitude that hikers should pay something while anglers and hunters already do. I believe the "inequity" is triggered by such a large group ("hikers") that are not currently contributing.

Tim

Here's another complicating factor regarding equity: NH residents pay $22 for a hunting license while out-of-staters pay $103, near 5 times the amount.

I am curious as to whether there would be a difference for "guests" and residents regarding the cost of this "card." Because if there is not, it would appear to be inequitable to hikers who would not receive a substantial reduction in price for living in the state while hunters do receive that reduction.

John, just press the barbs down before use (and before you stick yourself) and then you can catch and release and not have to worry about any hooking issues. Or just watch Tim's videos. Might be safer to need a rescue. :)
Ken