NH Outdoors Quiz Grouseking Style

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grouseking

Reaction score
I'm too lazy to make my own quiz album folder...so try not to see where these pictures are coming from. These locations are going to be water locations, trails, and mtns...most of these will be from the whites, but others elsewhere in NH. Here we go!

1)What trail/mtn is this from?

781020751_kM3RF-L.jpg

2) What body of water are we looking at?

786104893_NmXJr-L.jpg

3) What body of water?
Picture-055-L.jpg

4) view from which trail?
894210364_AEuNe-L.jpg

5)What trail is this taken from/where?

1053054906_xpU6s-L.jpg

6)What mtn is this taken from?
723633203_M7Zf5-L.jpg

7)Which cascades, and where?
724154158_7MxNa-L.jpg

8) What are we looking at, and from what trail?

1180812523_rbwXq-L.jpg

9)What trail am I on? (AT is not an acceptable answer haha)

1131423901_Q9dYJ-L.jpg

10)What trail did I take this from?

Picture-083-L.jpg

11)Bridge over what brook, and what trail?
784840669_s9XN8-L.jpg

12)What mtn are we looking from?

784862810_FDNYS-L.jpg

Don't cheat! Enjoy!

10 is from the Hale Brook Trail.

1 looks a lot like the view from South Hancock, but it's a bit different so I don't think that's right.

#9 is the AT. The section from Etna Center to the Dartmouth Skiway (before you reach Moose Mtn).

1 from Signal Ridge
4 It's Washington with Oakes Gulf & Monroe on left from a decent but not real high elevation as you have a birch tree in right foreground zoom is throwing me off, and I don't think I've been here. maybe Tremont

Ok, I'll bite.

7 - Their exact name escapes me at the moment, but I think these are the falls at the end of the short side trail off Ammonoosuc Ravine trail.

8 - View up to the ridgeline between Whitcher Hill and Mt. Kineo over the Brown Brook swamp? As seen from Donkey Hill Cut-off. Beautiful area.

1 from Signal Ridge
4 It's Washington with Oakes Gulf & Monroe on left from a decent but not real high elevation as you have a birch tree in right foreground zoom is throwing me off, and I don't think I've been here. maybe Tremont

Tremont trail it is! Almost near the summit.

Ok, I'll bite.

7 - Their exact name escapes me at the moment, but I think these are the falls at the end of the short side trail off Ammonoosuc Ravine trail.

8 - View up to the ridgeline between Whitcher Hill and Mt. Kineo over the Brown Brook swamp? As seen from Donkey Hill Cut-off. Beautiful area.

100 percent correct!

#9 is the AT. The section from Etna Center to the Dartmouth Skiway (before you reach Moose Mtn).

Correct!.

Allrighty, maybe a few hints....

1) Is very close to thes summit of a 4000 footer.

2) is within a wilderness area

3) Is not in the whites, but in west central NH.

5) sunset shot, so looking west... trail named for its picturesque ledges.

6) taken from near a summit south of the white mtn national forest

11) Prob wont narrow it down, but a brook named after native americans.

12) also within a wilderness area

1. From Middle Tripyramid, looking east. Looks like Chocorua on the right, and the slopes of Passaconaway below the summit.

Sorry, keep trying!

That's most certainly Chocorua and the Sisters at the right edge of #1. The shape of Chocorua is a great match for how it looks from Signal Ridge as somebody suggested earlier, but the height above Owls Cliff and Bear Mtn aren't quite right. Still, we're definitely looking from the northwest - in fact I suspect we're seeing a shoulder of Carrigain (Vose Spur) intruding into the shot from the right. So, it's a long shot from Bond?

I'm pretty sure I got #1 and I don't believe it's from Bond. I also think I've got #5.

I'll give others a chance to respond as I've already got a few. C'mon people!! :D

Last edited: