Northville-Placid Trail Backpack - North Section 7/4 or 7/5

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NE115hiker

Reaction score
This may be last minute, but I was wondering if anyone was interested or might be doing the northern section of the Northville-Placid Trail this holiday weekend. I'm solo so far, making my plan somewhat tenuous. I've contacted the NPT Shuttle, but the posting on the Adirondack Forum was a couple of years old and haven't heard yet.

My plan would be to do the northern most section over 3 days if I start early on 7/5 from Long Lake or over 4 days if I start on 7/4 from Lake Durant. I'm flexible right now and it will all depend on whether I can work out the car spotting from the Averyville Road trailhead in Lake Placid (down to either Long Lake or Lake Durant).

This amounts to about 12-14 miles per day in any case...for a total of 38 or 52 miles, respectively (depending on the start point).

Contact me, if interested.

Steve

Last edited:
did you end up going?? I too left on the 4th from LL and finished on the 6th... some nice places and loads of water and Mud...Hope your trip worked out..I found a guy that took good care of my car spot..

Unfortunately, I couldn't work it out. I did finally here back from Tom, who runs the NPT Shuttle Service, but he couldn't accommodate me for those dates. Another day, I suppose...I really want to do it. So if anyone is interested in section hiking the NPT, I would be happy to coordinate with them.