Patagonia "must have"

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

Super Moderator
Staff member
VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
I got a $150 gift certificate for my retirement, I have never really looked at Patagonia gear, most of my gear is close out/end of season. So any Patagonia "Must Haves"? Function over form for sure.

Houdini Jacket

I got a $150 gift certificate for my retirement, I have never really looked at Patagonia gear, most of my gear is close out/end of season. So any Patagonia "Must Haves"? Function over form for sure.

I use my Houdini Jacket all the time. It weight so little I can always carry it, and it works amazingly well.

I use my Houdini Jacket all the time. It weight so little I can always carry it, and it works amazingly well.
I’ll second that. Great piece of gear. I think I have owned every version of this jacket which was a pullover at one point. The first one I had dated back to the early 80’s. This piece of gear is so good my Wife got one for Christmas from Santa. They are selling them at REI in N. Conway.

I have a few pieces of Patagonia clothing, but nothing special that other companies don't also make. Some of their clothing that I bought has turned out to be not as useful as I thought when I bought them. If I had your gift certificate, I'd probably buy a lightweight rain jacket.

I love my R-1 hoodie. It's long and tucks deep below the waist, so I don't get plumber's crack. Fantastic in cold weather. One of the few hoods I have ever been able to tolerate.

I'll third the R1 hoodie. I'm tall, 6'3" so a size larger than normal actually fits me. Ragged Mountain Equipment has a comparable grid fleece pull over I wear, but it's not as long in the back. I usually get Patagucci closeouts after/off season stuff. Most of it has been pretty good. My favorite pair of pants have been discontinued which makes me wish I had purchased a few more pairs.

I’ll vote for the Houdini air. It really breathes well. Super comfortable for all seasons and is with me on every trip. Goes great over my hipster Senchi.