Picasa problems

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raymond

Reaction score
My gut is telling me no... but my gut is also very
1) It used to be that when I had my camera connected to the computer and turned it on in the view-photos mode, Picasa would automatically go to the Import page and import the photos. Now I have to go out of my way to click the Import button, and sometimes even tell it that I want to import photos from the camera, not from somewhere else.

2) When I Photostitched photos together to make a panorama or matrix, the resultant picture used to automatically appear in the Picasa folder (I would always save the Photostitched picture into the same folder as the one containing the photos that comprised the Photostitched picture — in other words, if I took a couple pictures during a hike and combined them into a panorama, I wanted the panorama to be in the same folder as the rest of the photos from that hike). Now the Photostitched picture doesn’t appear unless I go back to the Import page and import the picture into the folder, basically from the folder to itself, but then suddenly TWO versions of each Photostitched picture appear in the folder (Title.jpg and Title-1.jpg), as if the original wouldn’t appear until its hyphen-1 had been imported, and then I have to deleted the second one. Grrr.

Actually, I just tried to import some Photostitched photos into a brand new folder, then slide them into the one I wanted them in, but the original photos (Title.jpg) didn’t appear, just the Title-1.jpgs. When I imported them a second time, then the Title.jpgs and Title-2.jpgs appeared, and I had to delete all the -1’s and -2’s. What a pain.

I don’t get it. Why are these things happening? Did somebody at Google ‘‘improve’’ Picasa by messing it up?

Quitting Picasa and restarting it doesn’t make the Photostitches appear, only going out of my way to import them does that.

I think there was a third annoyance, too, but I can’t think of it at the moment.

I havent had any problems like this, and I'm pretty sure I'm running the latest version...

What I do is I manually copy photos from my camera to my "My Pictures" folder. Then when I open Picasa, the pictures are automatically loaded... haven't had any problems.

I looked around in the Picasa options to see if there is anything that might help you, but didn't see any import options...