Pierce Through Washington to Complete my Single Season Winter 48 - 2/16/2009

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations, Larisa! Now remember, you can't ignore the rest of the northeast--plenty of mountains to climb, this winter and next. :cool:

Fantastic shots, Larisa. The second one of Cath on Castle Ridge is perfection in composition!

Here are a few more from that amazing day in the Northern Presis.

Very impressive indeed! Wow!

For the Northern Presis (and the Southern if that was the case) how did you like the combination of Crampons and Northern Lite snowshoes?

Very impressive indeed! Wow!

For the Northern Presis (and the Southern if that was the case) how did you like the combination of Crampons and Northern Lite snowshoes?

All three pairs of NL shoes have had crampon modifications to replace the pathetic aluminum stub that remained after being introduced to the rocks of the NE. One pair I hot-rodded with the stainless crampon set from a pair of Kahtoola snowshoes, and the pair that Larisa was using was beefed up with some hand-cut stainless plates I ordered from OnlineMetals.com

Cath hot-rodded hers with some crampons from some Redfeather snowshoes I believe, and had her local ski shop mount them for a few bucks.

Here are some pictures from the home-made plate modification.

And here is one pic of the Kahtoola/NL Hybrid.

All three pairs of NL shoes have had crampon modifications to replace the pathetic aluminum stub that remained after being introduced to the rocks of the NE. One pair I hot-rodded with the stainless crampon set from a pair of Kahtoola snowshoes, and the pair that Larisa was using was beefed up with some hand-cut stainless plates I ordered from OnlineMetals.com

Cath hot-rodded hers with some crampons from some Redfeather snowshoes I believe, and had her local ski shop mount them for a few bucks.

Here are some pictures from the home-made plate modification.

And here is one pic of the Kahtoola/NL Hybrid.

Sounds like you could have your own TV show, "Pimp my Shoes."

Into_the_Clouds.jpg

Larisa and Cath Descending Mt. Washington

...and a few more from the southern segment.

Wow!

After looking at all the pictures I am even more in awe! Obviously the mountains gods were smiling on these last two Presidential trips. Amazing photography by both you and Tim. These photos blow away the recent Nat Geo photos from Mount Washington. The stark snow scenes, the dramatic sky, a Brokken Spectre! And all through it the human against nature theme with you three like the gold, silver and bronze medalists marching for your rewards. Just unreal! The undercast sunset was the ultimate ending!

Man, you can go ahead and travel the world looking for bigger, more beautiful mountains but I don't think you'd really find any. Give me the Whites, that's all I need! Thanks for taking me along with you through your photos!

KDT

Obviously the mountains gods were smiling on these last two Presidential trips.
I hear there is a mythical Purple Pack Packin Pixie who has pixie dust to float her across unbroken powder and she has been seen unsheathing her hiking pole to reveal a cloud and wind dispersing magical wand on blustery days.

Said PPP Pixie is also rumored to have done this SS event 8 or 9 times herself including this year, but it gets lost in the shuffle of the wind like how Micheal Jordan used to score 40 a game almost every night.

Personally I believe it is steriods since the information from a drug test in the winter season of '05-'06 was recently released from the offices of Snowland Security held under lock and key in the MWO. The winter hikers union has not filed a formal protest yet. It seems to have leaked from a "cousin" going under the disguise of "mean girl" from the People Republic of Maine.