Place to get clean

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtremont

Reaction score
So I plan to be on my way back from the Twin Mtn area and in need of a place to clean up. Does anyone know of any pay showers on the way from Twin Mtn on Rt. 3 or 93 south back toward Manchester? Any tips on a swimming hole will work as well.Thanks

Those showers are adjacent to the check-in/general store building and are usually cleaner than the other shower buildings that is located within the campground.

Not on the way, but not far from Twin Mountain, the Crawford Depot building has pay showers. Warning: they close at 5, and you won't be able to use the shower at Shapleigh or the Highland Center.

Just south of Lincoln take exit 31 (Tripoli Rd). At the bottom of the ramp take a quick right and then a quick left, which will put you on Route 175. Head south about a ¼ mile and just before you cross the bridge over the Pemi river there is a dirt road on your left that leads to a parking lot. You can walk down to the river and get clean. It is an easy on and off.

showers

Russell Pond Campground has coin op showers. 8 quarters will do the trick. bring shower shoes. As Mohamed stated the pemi is a good place to take a dunk. just don't use soap. In North Woodstock on route 3 go over the green bridge on Rt 175 near the fire station. go left immediatly after the bridge on the left is a great swimming hole.

How about the river???
Don't use soap,(pollution), but you do come out clean regardless.
You also feel very invigorated because the water is so cold. :eek:
And it's loads of fun :cool: :D :)

If you don’t actually need to shower, but will be satisfied with washing your hands and face, you can do what I do — use the wash room at the Route 93 rest area in (whatever town that is — Franklin, maybe?). I carry a hand towel in with me so I don’t have to try to dry myself with the hot air blowers.

I also once used one of the men’s rooms at the AMC Highland Center after I’d bashed my knee but good and had some blood and dirt I wanted to clean up. Lucky for me, no one walked in on me while I had my leg up on the vanity.

Raymond said:
Lucky for me, no one walked in on me while I had my leg up on the vanity.

OMG...you did that at the "Hilton"! :eek:
They would have surely sent you down to the "river" if they caught you ;)

Post hike cleanup

A different thought: When hiking I often fill a solar shower (plastic bag with black bottom,hose and shower spout, about 20 bucks) and leave it on the rear deck. Upon return, I walk into the woods and throw the attached rope over a tree branch and take a truly wonderful woods shower, one of life's pleasures for sure.
John

snoshoovt said:
A different thought: When hiking I often fill a solar shower (plastic bag with black bottom,hose and shower spout, about 20 bucks) and leave it on the rear deck. Upon return, I walk into the woods and throw the attached rope over a tree branch and take a truly wonderful woods shower, one of life's pleasures for sure.
John

Nice idea. :cool:

I love this forum!

The train depot next to the Highland Center now has coin-operated showers up and running, but amazingly, when we went into the Highland Center on Saturday (7/26) to get quarters at about 6:15, we were told the showers are only open until 5pm!