Proposal to have NY section of VFTT?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And where are you from? Your location box is empty making you a "No location" voter. I cna only assume you are a NYer by the "we ADK" statement.

It seems you didn't read my post. The NYers say no, only 7 said yes so what are you talking about the NYers want it? Most number of responders are out of NY and want a separate NY section (17 outside of NY say yes), that make any sence to you? Lets see a poll with locations to see what's going on.

Last edited:
A couple of points.

Early in the thread I replied that this was never about how many people wanted to vote one way or the other. It was about what is best for VFTT.
I'm sure most would readily agree that I'm not the arbiter of that question.
But I probably have paid magnitudes more attention to the subject over the last 3 years than most anyone who's posted so far. Why? Because I've hiked the ADKs and Catskills for about 3 decades, and have been the lightning rod for this problem in my position as moderator.
A poll would do accomplish nothing we don't already know. I think a wide variety of opinions have surfaced, sufficient to illuminate both sides of what I feel is a tiny change in structure, done as an experiment.

As to Black Spruce telling you where she's from, thats up to her to respond.
She happens to be one of the most experienced ADK hikers anywhere, and is one of the many people I included when saying the best NY members are no longer posting here.

"And where are you from? Your location box is empty making you a "No location" voter."

He! I am a Canadian, born in France 54 years ago with a house in New Russia NY (5 miles South of ELizabethtown), so I am from nowhere in particular just an older woman who enjoys climbing the Adirondacks mountains year around!

If our society had always gone the way of the majority we wouldn't be what we are today.

Christine

I'm for a NY section

I've not had the time to read all the posts so without sounding ignorant or repeating what someone else said, I'll simply cast a vote for Yes to a NY section.

Hell, how about a Maine section.............

Unless Darren sees reason to reopen the thread, with 143 posts and 4,258 views, we've pretty well exhausted the various points of view.
Its up to him.

I'm sure everyone is as sick of reading my rebuttals as I am of writing them.
The issue is pretty clear on this end. We continue as we're going, or we try to make a change. VFTT will survive either way, its just that we'll continue to see the NY portion of the board continue to slide.
Can't say its been fun, but it sure has been interesting.

I had to add one more post just to make one point very clear....

My name is Darren, not Darrel, and certainly not Darron.

- darren

ps: my popularity numbers might drop in the polls, but I will create a NY section as soon as I get a chance. The forum will be public like the current Q&A forum, not on an opt to join basis like the paddle and photo forums. As I have said, I am reluctant to create the appearance of a division between New England and New York. However, I am concerned about losing NY members though. Over the years, I have made many friends from New York and I want to make sure I can continue to do so. So, I will give the new forum structure a try to see if it gives a boost to the NY presence on the board. In the end I think it is worth a try to keep our NY members happy. I like some of those people from New York, even if they are Yankees fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.