Quest for the 48 ends - July 16, 2005

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artex

Reaction score
I'd like to extend an open invite to anyone who wants to join me when I complete the 48 on July 16th. My friend Bruce (posts as Pennsy, but not often) will most likely be finishing the 48 then as well, and will also be there.

The final peak will be Carrigain, which we'll hike up via the Signal Ridge Trail. I'll post times and all of that when it gets a bit closer, but wanted to mention it now to maybe plant a few bugs in people's ears.

Hope you can make it. It'll be grand! :D :D :D

Hmmm... Well I told ya I would be there... and hell... I'll be there. I'm showing the film "48" at the Highland Center that night!

Not sure if I'll tag a long up Signal ridge... or if I'll make the sweep around and up Desolation. I'll keep ya posted. Maybe I can get Albee to join me for a little Vose Spur action from 2500 feet. ;)

SEE YA THEN!

Excellent timing! Glad you can make it SJ. I'll definitely head over for the film viewing that night. I can't think of a more fitting way to end the day. :D

Indeed it would be, LZ. Come on over!

I was wondering if my wording on the original post would grab your attention, Pennsy. :D Of course you'll be ready. Looking forward to it, my friend.

Sorry I can't join you guys for this. I'll be drinking champagne somewhere else.
My sister is walking down the aisle that day. Congratulations to both Artex and Pennsy achieving your goal of the 48 in under a year!!

sapblatt said:
Jamie -
Wish I could be there for the celebration...family vacation in VT that day.
Congrats...you are almost there!!

Hey Mike, maybe I'll see you. I'll be on the LT that day. If you see two people with big packs running across the road like their *sses are on fire... SLOW DOWN!!!!!!

Congrats! I'll (tenatively) be finishing there a week or two earlier. It's such a good choice!! :D

hey i'm gonna try to make sure i have those days free to join you (it's been too long since i last hiked w/ you guys). and i wouldn't want to miss your happy occasion.
(and hope to see you MEB again!)

Ooooh I dunno, its a Saturday and thats normally bad. If I can wiggle out of my previous engagement, maybe my sister and I will join too, so for now its a maybe. It would be nice to follow up my #1 of the 48 (which will be the week before on Owls Head) with such an awesome peak! So we will see. Be nice to meet so many other VFTTers as well!
Brian

Uh oh, talk about pressure. Artex, I thought we were gonna do this on Sunday, and I just noticed NH's post about Saturday being bad. That's ok though, cuz now I'll be able to go Sherpa John's film showing that night. I thought the showing was on Sunday as well and that would have been tough.

of course, if I don't get peaks 34 thru 47 during that week, I'll be up the proverbial creek without a paddle. :eek:

Ah ha... glad that Saturday is better! :D And you'll get the rest of the peaks that week. If not, we'll all point and laugh at you. (that's a joke, of course)

Last edited:
33 More :D

NOTE: Negative Rep point given for "Pointless comment"... TWICE!

OPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSS :rolleyes:

Last edited: