santanoni's and allen 3/13 and 3/14

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markandkelly

Reaction score
on top of Haystack, our 46th and our engagement!
We're hoping to go up and find our way to the Santanoni's and Allen next weekend.

Our last hike was the last weekend of February when the weather was nearly perfect, and we got to hike Redfield, Gray, Skylight, Marshall and Cliff. The trails were all pretty great, but we were wondering how much that has changed with the warmer weather?

Also, with all the folk that hiked these peaks last weekend, what's the best way to approach the broken trails?

thanks for any help!
Mark

Santanonis

I hiked Couchsachraga and Panther on the weekend of the 28th, and plan to return this weekend to hike up Santanoni. The trail begins by following the road, like usual, on the map. It continues up toward Bradley Pond lean-to on the marked trail, and splits left onto the herd path there. At some point, the herd path leaves the route of the summer trail, and enters Panther Brook. It follows the brook almost all the way to Times Square. As long as the temps stay cold, it is a very good path to follow. Soon, however, the water will begin to flow again, and the trail will have to change. I think that this weekend will still be OK to follow the snowshoe path (please wear snowshoes!) up Panther Brook. I'll be there Sunday. Good luck. -ALG