SherpaKroto Injury

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim Seaver said:
What a crappy way to wind up a winter. The hit-and-run element of the event just makes it that much worse.

Here's to Sherpa's speedy recovery.
I'll second all of this. What a terrible thing to happen to SK. And another blow to my opinion of how callous and uncaring human beings can be to one another.

Most of us know & love Sherpa Kroto and know how generous and thoughtful he is. Here's to his health and recovery... hopefully we can all send him a shout out or even pay a visit (when he's feeling better) & make his time cooped up a little better. Who will bring the doctor? :eek:

-Dr. Wu

Tough news for Sherpa. My thoughts are with him. This does mean we have to hold the next Boston Beer Night at whatever rehab hospital he gets moved to down here.

dr_wu002 said:
What a terrible thing to happen to SK. And another blow to my opinion of how callous and uncaring human beings can be to one another.

Exactly what I was going to type. Here's hoping SK has a speedy recovery.

Last edited:
LarryD said:
Tough news for Sherpa. My thoughts are with him. This does mean we have to hold the next Boston Beer Night at whatever rehab hospital he gets moved to down here.

Maybe if we're lucky, he'll share some morphine chasers with us! ;) :D :eek:

I spoke with his wife this evening, and it sounds as though under the circumstances, he may have lost a few marbles but not his sense of humor from this nasty accident. We would certainly expect no less, but it was comforting and reassuring to hear Elle describe some of his one-liners.

Last edited:
Damn! Time to put together the VFTT brute squad and track the perpetrator down.

In all seriousness, Sherpa, I hope you get better soon. I have no doubts, given history, that you'll make a full recovery. Probably just in time for the end of blackfly season, too. :)

Morphine is no substitute for the Doctor.

Damn, that sucks big time!!!!

Rest up and get well soon, Sherpa! Let us know if any of us here on VFFT can help you out in any way while you recuperate! Sorry this happened to you!

Maybe we should take up a collection for him. If he doesn't have disability insurance he's gonna be sucking wind, even if all his meds are paid... :(

I'll pledge $100 to start the ball rolling...

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery to a first class individual! Cathie and I wish you the best!

Kaw-liss, Sherp! Get better real soon. Then we'll all go do a crampon dance on the perp's head. You can do the drum part.

(I must like this guy, I'm not normally given to violence. :mad: )

May you get well enough to enjoy the doctor ASAP.

Sherpa, you probably don't remember me, but we ALMOST got to hike once (Redfield/Cliff). When you get better, I hope we can finally meet! Speedy recovery!