Summer Hikes Planned

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TechAdmin

Administrator
Reaction score
I was just thinking of late Spring and Summer hikes that any of you may be planning. Are you requesting the time off work? Checking out your equipment to make sure it is all in good condition?

Tell us about it. And where you plan to go? Have you been there before?

I appreciate that the site prospers if new threads get started a bit more frequently than they have been lately, but really, this was a pretty lame attempt. It reads like Steve Buscemi walking the school halls with a skateboard. "How are you doing, fellow hikers?"
The fundraising link in your signature is also just big enough to be obnoxious (I don't like being YELLED AT), especially combined with the banner at the top and the two new direct fundraising emails in my inbox. (We got one of those less than a month ago, too.) I'd perhaps be in a kinder mood if you bothered to spell the name of the site correctly.

I appreciate that the site prospers if new threads get started a bit more frequently than they have been lately, but really, this was a pretty lame attempt. It reads like Steve Buscemi walking the school halls with a skateboard. "How are you doing, fellow hikers?"
The fundraising link in your signature is also just big enough to be obnoxious (I don't like being YELLED AT), especially combined with the banner at the top and the two new direct fundraising emails in my inbox. (We got one of those less than a month ago, too.) I'd perhaps be in a kinder mood if you bothered to spell the name of the site correctly.
Giving the administrator a bit of a break on my part as he has already stated that English is his second language. So maybe his rhetoric does not come off sounding groovy enough for some. A long long time ago in a far far away place VFTT was a much hipper place and members did not get their panties up their cracks at the drop of a feather. I have certainly been guilty of that especially since the post greenie era. This board got sterilized and never recovered. Maybe we should all loosen up and invite the Tech Admin on a hike and meet him in the flesh. Personally I don't mind the adds. Hopefully some of us stalwarts can loosen up a bit. It's just a message board for hiking here not the Supreme Court of the internet. I don't expect everyone to agree with this but just my two cents. To the OP: I hope you have a fantastic Spring and Summer hiking!

Wondering if the OP was written by a chatbot.
My question then is since your still an Admin is it possible you might be able to find the answer to that. To be honest and I suspect I’m not the only one but there seems to be a bit of confusion here overall on what member’s roles are. We have a new Tech Admin yet we have existing Admins which under the new forum their roles have not been defined. Also there are now members that are listed as “Staff” whom roles have also not been defined. IMO this board could use some clarification on the above if the board in itself is to move forward in a positive fashion.