Summit forecasts

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use that tool frequently, but usually with a grain of salt. On the summit:
-It will often be slightly cooler than the point forecast, maybe .5 F/1000' above the valley
-There will be slightly greater chance of storm/precip (far more so when it's monsoon season)
-The gusts will probably be about twice as fast as the forecast
I find those rules have held reasonably well both in NH and NM, of course without the monsoon in NH. NWS has said in sworn testimony that it is nearly impossible to accurately predict mountain winds; be particularly cautious there.

It's all Irrelevant

My trick is to click on the summt of West Bond.

No matter how cold, and windy it is there, no matter how much snow is forecast ................

I know I will never be able to get there in this lifetime.

I plan to add weather links for all the summits on my site, here is the first one I did: Mount Lafayette Weather, comments, please!

I will obviously only give one point forecast for a page with adjoining mountains ... it would be silly to pretend that there is a meaningful difference between the forecasts for Mounts Lafayette and Lincoln!

I plan to add weather links for all the summits on my site, here is the first one I did: Mount Lafayette Weather, comments, please!

I will obviously only give one point forecast for a page with adjoining mountains ... it would be silly to pretend that there is a meaningful difference between the forecasts for Mounts Lafayette and Lincoln!

nice upgrade Mohammed, If you could make sure the noaa forecast was accurate than you would be my hero:D