This friday (after a snowstorm) may be a decent opportunity for a pleasant backcountry kick and glide day trip

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brambor

Reaction score
Ski to Zealand Hut and back comes to mind and also a few other 'classics' ... I'd be interested with suggestions from others though :)

Cheers

Heh. Maybe a ski from LW to Cedar Brook junction then?

Although Cannon Mountain skis great aftrr a snowstorm. I have not done any liftserved this winter…

Heh. Maybe a ski from LW to Cedar Brook junction then?

Although Cannon Mountain skis great aftrr a snowstorm. I have not done any liftserved this winter…
Cannon “first tracks” is my plan for Friday, before the vacation week throngs arrive (hoping that some of them sleep in).

Kanc Hairpin Turn to Lincoln Woods via Cedar Brook, Wilderness, and East Side trails on xc ski radar if we get a deeper snowpack in the next couple of weeks, as there is not much of a base at the moment.

Cannon “first tracks” is my plan for Friday, before the vacation week throngs arrive (hoping that some of them sleep in).

Kanc Hairpin Turn to Lincoln Woods via Cedar Brook, Wilderness, and East Side trails on xc ski radar if we get a deeper snowpack in the next couple of weeks, as there is not much of a base at the moment.
No base is right!

about the same here in Windham, ME

What time does this thing peter off?

Get out behind Beaver Brook Wayside and ski back to the trail to the Twins, bang a left and hit up the glades on the Fire Warden's. Go early.

solid tip. that one has been on my list for a while...never managed to go there though :)

Visit the Firewardens "trail" up Mt Hale sooner than later, that birch glade is getting over mature and one good wind storm and that glade could cease to be the wonder that it is.

BTW at best 6" of snow at 1400 feet in Gorham so far (11AM Thursday)

Get out behind Beaver Brook Wayside and ski back to the trail to the Twins, bang a left and hit up the glades on the Fire Warden's. Go early.
Or, can pay $10 to park at Seven Dwarfs motel near the end of Little River Road, which is a couple miles closer to Haystack Road trailhead for the Fire Warden’s Trail on Hale. Also, lots of understory is growing in now, so need a deeper base to ski than in the past.

Ended up spending 3 hours skiing the trails of Bradbury Mountain State park

Attachments

• 0FF87E2C-027F-49DD-96B3-E2BA4C3540A2.jpeg
    0FF87E2C-027F-49DD-96B3-E2BA4C3540A2.jpeg
    227.2 KB · Views: 1