up on the range while the party was below

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pvon

Reaction score
Sounds like I missed all the fun down in the valley when I was up on the ridge Saturday night. A campfire, friendly banter and a little "spirits" would have made for a fine starlight night in the backcountry. Instead I bantered with the snowshoe hares and looked for mysterious lights I thought I saw on Seward.

As somewhat of a "wannabe local" I knew connecting with anyone who approached Seward from the north in unbroken and difficult route finding was iffy. But at the last minute I repacked for an overnight on Donaldson. I reached Donaldson at sunset and readied for the night. At one boring moment I got the notion to head for Emmons by headlamp, not realizing that Sam Eddy's track was dangerous at best. About 15 or so minutes into that stupid adventure I slipped like Beetle Bailey off a ledge, grabbing onto trees to keep from falling 15 feet. There I was holding on for dear life while I figured how to pull myself back up rather than fall 15 feet. An interesting struggle ensued but I finally won and quickly retreated back to the safety of my sleeping bag. Ah, the school of lucky hard knocks.

So that was my excitement for the night. I too finally settled down for the night after staring out off of both sides of the ridge and enjoying a crisp star filled heaven above and shadow of mountains and valleys in the distance.

Sherpa, all I can say is welcome to the Adirondacks and may you return to this wonderful wilderness of mountains, woods and water many more times in the future. We are truely blessed with some magnificant gems here in the Adirondacks.

Happy trails,
Pvon

PS, if I can figure how to do it I will try to post some pics on the trip reports section.

Michael, we''ll meet up again some other time. Maybe Seward attempt again?

Shoulda been Sherpa's thread reply

OK, its late, my mental capacity hasn't sufficiently returned after my Seward range effort this past weekend, so I posted a new thread instead of replying to Sherpa's thread. Oh well. Anyways it would have been fun to have joined you folks at Blueberry LT and gone up Seymour with Sunday's group. Life is mysterious and full of opportunity.

Pvon