VFTT Film Festival - interested in attending?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you attend the VFTT Film Festival?

• Total voters

darren

Poobah Emeritus
Reaction score
Last month I proposed the VFTT Film Festival in this thread:

http://www.vftt.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27629&highlight=film+festival

I then posted a poll to see how many people are interested in submitting films and what types of films they would submit. So far almsot 20 people said they are interested in submitting over 30 films.

Sounds very promising....

The idea so far is that there would be some kind of judging system, and the "best" films (including maybe a fan favorite vote selection etc) from the submissions will be shown on "film festival night". The audience gets great entertainment and the winners get never ending praise and maybe a can of white gas.

This poll is to see how many people would be interested in going to the showing of films. Based on the number of people interested in going to the showing, we will either show the films in someone's barn or have to book a real theater and charge admission to cover the cost.

Please post in the poll if you are interested in attending the event and how many guests you will be bringing. Do not included other site members in your guest count if they will be responding to the poll too.

Thanks.

Aloha

- darren

I'll definately be there for that. Will there be DVD's of the films for sale? If the filmmakers would allow you to do that, that would be a good source of funding for this site.

Depends on location. Hawaii would be fun but I don't know how many guests I could pay for. ;) My response above assumes someplace close to Boston, eg Somerville.

Within a reasonable traveling distance of NYC, definately.

It sounds like this will probably be in the Boston area but if folks want to have it in a mountain setting I can look into using my school's small (80-seat?) auditorium. We are very near Sunday River, Mahoosucs, Evans Notch, and about 40 minutes from most Northern Pres. trailheads.
-vegematic