Vroomans nose

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adk_dib

Reaction score
Does this parking area get plowed out. I have done this little hike in summer and fall and would like to do it this weekend. Do not want to park along road unless I have to. Don't do this hike on a weekend on a nice fall day if you want to have serenity. Man was it packed. I had my two dogs and had them on a short leash the whole time.:)

Some times it is, some times it isn't. Not sure if its on a list of things to plow.
The Franklington Vly State Wildlife or Management Area is usually plowed, but I don't think the Vromans Nose area is State.
There isn't a lot of snow in the area, so parking along the road may not be a problem, but that depends on what we get tonite.
There is also a Vroomans Nose Society,Which used to leave pamplets at a house on the rt 30 side, maybe they have a #?

Nice hike. And no place better than the Schoharie Valley!

I did it in winter once and the lot was plowed.

Make sure to look for the ancient burrow casts (tunnels made by worms in mud) on the peak. Cool stuff...if not buried in snow.

Last edited:
Am i correct that the trail was re-routed this summer, making a left on approach vs. hugging the private property by the house?

correct, the trail turns left instead of hugging the private property. I liked the old trail becasue it was wide and level. This fall there was a sign and barriers and some people still went straight?